By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Bernie's Challange for Trump

ironmanDX said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

Hahahaha. I know. That's what's so brilliant. 

You in the US?

It seems like the whole system is fucked as an outsider looking in. The two worst candidates potentially ever for presidency and one of them essentially cheated to get there. For a country that prides itself on freedom, it's very poor. This will probably ruffle some feathers but it's just insane to actually think about. Especially so if Hillary won... Like she was supposed too. The first female president would forever have an asterisk next to it because of the primary. Where would the freedom be if the president wasn't even elected in using the established democratic system? Simultaneously, antifa is pushing for the end of free speech? Riots costing cities hundreds of thousands if not millions of dollars just because someone who has a different opinion wants to speak at a college campus... The US has simply gone mad.

Probably getting off topic here.... Just had to let that out apparently.

Yeah I know. It's very fucked. What  I meant was it's brilliant, the irony, of someone who should have been president(or at least was the only decent major candidate) is now just another politician under a president that very few people have faith in. All this in what's supposed to be, or should be, or perhaps despite the fucked political system is, "one of the greatest countries on earth". Either way, it's not exactly encouraging that this is the state of the political system.

Around the Network

All Bernie had to do was somehow imply Donald was less of a big-man or "winner" if he didn't do so, and Trump would bite like a nine year old being "double dared".

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

spurgeonryan said:
Errorist76 said:

That’s a very sad attitude. Really.

If all people would have thought like that change would never have happened. You could always rise to the streets, but yeah....just shrug it off and accept defeat...

You know I’m German...we had a small revolution like this lately. What do you think would’ve happened if people had just stayed at home back then?!

Knowing a little bit about history,  not much because I am one if the so called" dumb Americans", I can say that Germany ask had a few other problems between about 1915 and 1944. World War 1 and 2.

I am sure there were plenty who stood up against Hitler and his regime. They died. The wars and terribleness of it Al happened anyways. 

You really think protesting and all that really does anything? Money and power is what makes change happen,  it wasn't the protesters who stopped the Vietnam War. Politicians do not care about human life. It was costing money and they were not making it back from War profits anymore. 

We mean nothing,  we can do nothing. The greatest thing you can do for this planet is recycle and donate money to non profits,  who if they are not taking a cut themselves out of the bottom line,  someone else will be. 

What?

We just HAD our own revolution a few decades ago and we changed half the planet in the wake of it....(The fall of the Berlin wall and the collaps of the USSR just to be clear) NEVER AGAIN try to tell me or others that we can't change anything! It's incredibly disrespectful to someone like me, who had spend the first 13 years of his life unable to see his grandma and the other parts of his family because they happened to be on the other side of the iron curtain!

If it weren't for those millions of people rising to the streets the GDR and USSR would still exist. 

(I'm the son of an eastern german refugee who grew up in western Germany, just for explanation.)

I wouldn't go that far to say you're ignorant, but being an American might surely influence your way of thinking and especially considering capitalistic measures. You guys should really get out more, see more of this planet...widen your horizon. 

Again---NEVER think you can't change anything! They just WANT YOU TO BELIEVE THAT YOU CAN'T.

Last edited by Errorist76 - on 05 December 2017

That is not how you do a challenge. Seriously. "Hey Mr. Presidente do this!" or...? Or what, moron? This is just a pathetic man who isn't willing to lose anything talking to an equally pathetic crowd who think this is acceptable. Why would anyone get anything done to this senile communist who is willing to do nothing himself?

spurgeonryan said:

Knowing a little bit about history,  not much because I am one if the so called" dumb Americans", I can say that Germany ask had a few other problems between about 1915 and 1944. World War 1 and 2.

And just because of course you needed to mention the world wars...back then, when the NSDAP took over (the Nazis), people were being SHOT for opposing them! Same with the regime in the GDR... people were being spied on on a regular basis, by neighbours and the STASI, essentially what the NSA is doing in your country these days, only less intrusive. (not kidding)
If you dared to say something against the eastern German regime they'd put you away and scare your family for life so you'd keep your mouth shut in the future.

SO fucking BE THANKFUL that you (still) CAN PROTEST! It would be incredibly unthankful and unethical if you just refused to do it, because someone has brain washed you to think it doesn't change anything!

Around the Network

All I can see in OP is Bernie caught Trump in a lie. Don't know what lie or how, but does it matter, NO. All politicians are caught in lies all the time. Every time some new election is coming up a person says something and there are dozens of videos of them saying the very exact opposite of that years or weeks earlier.

Also, this is like the 3rd new Trump topic this week. There was a Trump topic made that all of this junk is supposed to go in. Quit making new topics and go and cry to each other about November 2016 there.

spurgeonryan said:
Errorist76 said:

We just had our own revolution a few decades ago and we changed half the planet in the wake of it....Never again try to tell me or others that we can't change anything! It's incredibly disrespectful to someone like me, who had spend the first 13 years of his life unable to see his grandma and the other parts of his family because they happened to be on the other side of the iron curtain!

If it weren't for those millions of people the GDR and USSR would still exist. 

I'm the son of an eastern german refugee who grew up in western Germany, just for explanation.

I wouldn't go that far to say you're ignorant, but being an American might surely influence your way of thinking and especially considering capitalistic measures. You guys should really get out more, see more of this planet...widen your horizon. 

Again---NEVER think you can't change anything! They just WANT YOU TO BELIEVE THAT YOU CAN'T.

If they thought it would be more profitable to themselves they would never had allowed it. But congrats on winning the cold war. I recently went on a little jaunt across the pond and earth to Iraq and Afghanistan. Watched billions to trillions be spent on changing the world their. 

So much change I can hardly contain myself. So don't tell me who have friends " who will never see their family again" that a few humans can change anything.

A few rich couldn't get their loved ones over the wall one day probably,  maybe some paper work issue,  and they said never again. So they had their buddy at the Kremlin agree to tear it down. That is the likely story,  but they are happy to let everyone think it was free will and that we matter. 

But again,  glad you can see your family again. I feel bad for your generation and even North and South Koreans now. 

Our world can be horrible. 

I'm sad to hear that you had to endure that...war is terrible and especially senseless and unnecessary ones at that. 

And don't think I'm naive enough not to know that a lot of the stuff you're saying is true. Money does make the world go 'round.

But what you still need to remember is that YOU the PEOPLE SHOULD BE the ones in power, if you really want to consider your system to be a democratic one. We both know that the hypocrisy with the U.S. trying to export "democracy" while it seems to have huge problems in maintaining a functioning democracy ITSELF is kinda huge.
And to be frank that's the reason why you guys should have risen up LONG AGO already....instead of voting for a baffoon who can barely think and talk and has the intellect of a 12 year old bully.

But yeah...panem et circensis. Brot und Spiele. Bred and Games!
"As long as I can see the next show on reality TV I don't need to think about politics anymore. I don't understand it anyway.."

This kind of thinking is killing your society. It's more than needed that today's society is getting more and more politically interested and eganged! Dare to oppose your officials, or you'll end up in a dictatorship like many before already (and, to an extend, countries with similar minded people as Trump in power, like Russia or Turkey) which TODAY are essentially close to being dictatorships as well.

spurgeonryan said:
Errorist76 said:

And just because of course you needed to mention the world wars...back then, when the NSDAP took over (the Nazis), people were being SHOT for opposing them! Same with the regime in the GDR... people were being spied on on a regular basis, by neighbours and the STASI, essentially what the NSA is doing in your country these days, only less intrusive. (not kidding)
If you dared to say something against the eastern German regime they'd put you away and scare your family for life so you'd keep your mouth shut in the future.

SO fucking BE THANKFUL that you (still) CAN PROTEST! It would be incredibly unthankful and unethical if you just refused to do it, because someone has brain washed you to think it doesn't change anything!

I votes for Trump,  hoping for change. 

I got it and so did the world. 

Let's see what I can help change next week.  I am so fucking thankful!

That's like willingly voting for Hitler just because you wanted change...not very thought out but I get the meaning. I'm sure many of you regret it already and they should. At least, contrary to the NSDAP back then, you won't get openly shot if you oppose him (even though I've heard people have lost their jobs because they did.)

That's what I don't get about this. You voted for Trump "to change the establishment" but you voted for "replacing them with way worse people"?!

It's basically like saying I didn't like what Molyneux was promising me all the time, so I voted Pachter instead! (lol)