By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Potential replacement for E.A on the Star Wars I.P

So, assuming that Disney does in fact yank the thing over Battlefront 2....where could it go after that that's a good fit? 

Or where would they go to create a really funny reaction. I admit part of me wondering what happens if it turns out that, say, Retro Studios new hiring is for a Star Wars game. 

"Yes, we at Nintendo now have exclusive access to Star Wars games for ten years. The force is with those with a Switch."

....Very unlikely, but I the reaction would be hilarious. 

The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?

Around the Network

No one it go to a 1st party dev. Too much money to be made for Disney. Star Wars games will end up on as many platforms as possible.

Even though I wish EA would lose their SW license, I imagine they must have tons of failsafes in case of Disney trying to back down from their initial agreement. And even if they did lose it, the other company who would inmediately get in is Activision or T2. And they would probably do similar things to the IP anyway.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

I thin it should go to Ubisoft.

Proud to be a Californian.

Most likely candidates would be Activision Blizzard or Ubisoft ...

A Star Wars license is a little too pricey for Nintendo's comfort zone especially when Disney likes to make royalties off of every piece of content sold so unless Nintendo has the userbase to back up a franchise such as Star Wars, I don't see them getting their hands on the Star Wars license and I don't think Nintendo wants it either ...

I'd be okay with either of the mentioned above as a replacement though since Ubisoft genuinely looks like they want to make good games even when they don't get the results the critics want sometimes and Activision Blizzard are all around solid ...

Around the Network

Do people really think they will loose the licence?...
I really don’t, the chance for them to renew it for another 10 years I think is slim right now.

2018 Hit List: Shadow of the Colossus, Detroit, Dreams, Spider-Man, God Of War, Days Gone, Medievil, Tomb Raider 3, RDR2 

I don't think Nintendo would ever get it, and honestly that's for the best, but a Nintendo Star Wars game would be cool.

I think Ubisoft would be the best developer to handle it, they've always been kind of overhated as game devs. They'd definitely get out a single player game or two. Plus with Ubi you know we'll get at least one game on Nintendo consoles, which is extra revenue for Star Wars.

I think it should be a game by game basis.
Cd project red or Bethesda for rpg
Treyarch, or 343(if ms went multiplat)
Naughty dog for action game, although I think respawn is going to surprise people in this regard.

Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.

Why should only one company get the license? With so many different types of game experiences out there, there should really be at least a couple of capable companies with the allowance.

zygote said:
Why should only one company get the license? With so many different types of game experiences out there, there should really be at least a couple of capable companies with the allowance.

The problem with this is that, currently, Disney does not care about videogames. After they closed down Disney Interactie and LucasArts, they've been just licensing their brands to the highest bidder. Marvel games nowadays are just mobile titles or licensed stuff like Lego. The same with their classic properties. Star Wars has a better potential for the regular gaming market, and even then they just rented the IP to the highest bidder. As long as they can get profits with the least amount of efford, they are happy.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.