By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. December bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

KLAMarine said:
thismeintiel said:

If this keeps up looks like we'll have a NS>PS4>>XBO month, again.

Three X1 units versus 2 PS4 units tho.

The Amazon charts don't work like that, won't work like that and never will work like that. If it stays as it is now, with no preorders this time, it's going to be Switch > PS4 > XB1. 

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
Nautilus said:
Nautilus said:
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 position on amazons through different markets.

US - 31 (-4) [out of stock]
Japan - 14 (same) ;Second version - 12 (same)
Canada - 7 (same)
UK -23 (-16)
Germany - 28 (+2)
France - 20 (same)

I feel like XC2 will easily surpass its 2 predecessors. This series will finally have a chance to shine at the start of a generation.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

I’m glad Xbox no longer has preorders, now it’s a real ermano y ermano fight between all three. Now we just wait and to see if Sony does the 200 dollar PS4 again.

GribbleGrunger said:
KLAMarine said:

Three X1 units versus 2 PS4 units tho.

The Amazon charts don't work like that, won't work like that and never will work like that. If it stays as it is now, with no preorders this time, it's going to be Switch > PS4 > XB1. 

You telling me an X1 unit selling that low in the rankings doesn't count towards the NPD count?

KLAMarine said:
GribbleGrunger said:

You telling me an X1 unit selling that low in the rankings doesn't count towards the NPD count?

I didn't say it doesn't count towards NPD. Of course it does. It just doesn't count as much as consoles above it, even if there are two consoles to one. I suppose if there's 3 consoles at #2/#3/#4 and 1 other console at #1, it 'might' be the first time Amazon didn't work out right, but that's highly unlikely and still not proven. There have been 4 XB1s below the PS4 before and the PS4 still won easily. 

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

Odyssey is back to a familiar place

4 hours since last update.

HARDWARE:
#03 NS Neon (up 1)
#09 NS Grey (same)
#18 PS4 Fool's Edition (up 1)
#27 XB1 (same)
#35 XB1X (same)
#36 SNES Classic (up 2)
#52 PS4 Star Wars (down 3)
#55 N2DSXL T+B (up 1)
#87 XB1 Forza (down 5)

SOFTWARE (Pre-orders Only)**:
#16 XB1 PUBG (same)
#79 PS4 HZD: Complete Edition (up 4)

Does not affect this month: *
Software outside of the month only gets added if it's in the top 20: **

PS4: 2 in the top 100 / 1 in the top 50 / 1 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5
XB1: 3 in the top 100 / 2 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5
NIS:  2 in the top 100 / 2 in the top 50 / 2 in the top 20 / 2 in the top 10 / 1 in the top 5

Do we know who won November yet?

GribbleGrunger said:
KLAMarine said:

I didn't say it doesn't count towards NPD. Of course it does. It just doesn't count as much as consoles above it, even if there are two consoles to one. I suppose if there's 3 consoles at #2/#3/#4 and 1 other console at #1, it 'might' be the first time Amazon didn't work out right, but that's highly unlikely and still not proven. There have been 4 XB1s below the PS4 before and the PS4 still won easily. 

There's a first time for everything.

Switchonimation!

Pocky Lover Boy!