By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Xenoblade 2 thoughts (no spoilers)

I got the special edition and I liked a lot the art book it includes, it has a lot of stuff and illustrations, on the other hand, the music CD could include more songs, but the music is amazing, I like more the soundtrack of xenoblade chronicles for wii.

The game has a very good story, the worlds are huge and some enemies are very challenging, the battle mechanics are complex at the beginning but with some practice and battles you start to master the gameplay, there are a lot of stores, I still dont know how to use some of the things that you can find in the game and in the stores. I am loving the experience, its a rich experience and I still have a lot to explore and to know.

Around the Network

I’ve heard many who have problems with the voice acting.

Honestly, I think this is one of the best voice acted games I have ever played, if not the best. Light years ahead of Xenosaga, for example.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

My only major issue with the game so far is that some of the characters and scenes are severely annoying and cringey.

Other than that almost everything is good; awesome music, fun battle system, interesting story, etc. 

So far (just finished chapter 4) it's slightly worse than XBC1 but substantially better than XCX.

Had put it off trying to get more rare blades but I just beat the final boss of the game's story.

Watching the credits I should have guessed with how good the battle system was Monolith Soft had some help from Tri-Ace.

Jumpin said:

Honestly, I think this is one of the best voice acted games I have ever played, if not the best. Light years ahead of Xenosaga, for example.

I'd say the voice acting is fine if you don't have a choice, though I also don't really have an ear for UK voices. The few American voices I've heard sounded extremely amateur, particularly Pyra's voice, who often sounds like she's reading off a script with zero context for the scene. I actually tried the English voices up until her monologue in chapter 3, which was supposed to be an emotional moment, but sounded completely flat and emotionless. 

The bigger problem I had is the terrible lip syncing, which completely ruins my immersion every time I notice it.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Around the Network
Jumpin said:

[herp derp]You must not have played very many games then.[/herp derp]

But seriously, for me I suppose it didn't help that I just came off of Fire Emblem Echoes which has great voice acting, but even without that I still wouldn't like the voice acting in this game. Much awkward pausing, tone not matching the situation, and in general just doesn't sound natural, like actual people actually conversing. The obnoxious anime style dialogue, lack of lip synch, and stiff copy-paste animations don't help either. I love Nopons, and still do, but that "Meh" thing they do now is pretty dumb and annoying, I would love to know why they thought that was a good idea. Now if what you say is true then I don't dare imagine what Xenosaga must be like!

"Don't forget me!"

"Think you can take me!?"

"Yer done!"

Nevermind, this game has best voice acting ever.

curl-6 said:

My only major issue with the game so far is that some of the characters and scenes are severely annoying and cringey.

Other than that almost everything is good; awesome music, fun battle system, interesting story, etc. 

So far (just finished chapter 4) it's slightly worse than XBC1 but substantially better than XCX.

Yeah the game takes a lot more stabs at comedy, some are funny some are not.   And as we all know, an attempt at comedy that falls flat is the basic unit of raw despair.

But I agree, for now.  I'm in the midst of 4.  I will say the plot is more interesting early on.  XC didn't start getting properly crazy until almost halfway through.  

Lonely_Dolphin said:
Jumpin said:

[herp derp]You must not have played very many games then.[/herp derp]

But seriously, for me I suppose it didn't help that I just came off of Fire Emblem Echoes which has great voice acting, but even without that I still wouldn't like the voice acting in this game. Much awkward pausing, tone not matching the situation, and in general just doesn't sound natural, like actual people actually conversing. The obnoxious anime style dialogue, lack of lip synch, and stiff copy-paste animations don't help either. I love Nopons, and still do, but that "Meh" thing they do now is pretty dumb and annoying, I would love to know why they thought that was a good idea. Now if what you say is true then I don't dare imagine what Xenosaga must be like!

"Don't forget me!"

"Think you can take me!?"

"Yer done!"

Nevermind, this game has best voice acting ever.

Battle voices are kind of crap - but most of the issues are in the very early portions of the game. I’d guess the QA or producers did not spend much time on the early game battles. 

What I am speaking about is specifically the cutscene dialogue voice acting.

What I enjoy is how each nation has its own dialect. While Tora’s voice acting and dialogue isn’t the greatest, he is a Nopon, and they’re weird like that; it’s a big step up from Riki and Tatsu. While having American accents in a fantasy setting is extremely off-putting (especially when you have a medieval game and the characters sound like valley girls and effeminate guys from California, it doesn’t work), it makes sense that the characters who have those accents do. In this case they’re limited to those from Elysium such as Aegis and Torna people, and they’re kind of alien anyway.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

irstupid said:
I must say I hate the game clock still running whiel in suspend mode and on home screen.

Seriously, I went home for the holidays and didn't bother taking my switch cause I knew I wouldn't have time to touch it. Came back and when loaded up switch, see the game is running, so obviously I save since can't remember when last saved. Then bam, apparantly I have now played the game 367 hours or something.

Well, there goes any point to that time. Now I have no idea how long I've played.

Wait, it does? Oh shit, I hope there aren't any time critical quests then.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Finished the game on Sunday

+excellent combat (when you grasp and master all the systems)
+Good story with likeable characters
+Lengthy adventure (100 hr plus)
+plenty of rare blades to collect

- Pacing issues (later in the game you are just walking back and forth places just to see cutscenes with little to no action in between)
- Throws stupid roadblocks that halt your progress (not having high level field abilities)
-Sidequests are boring and uninteresting for the most part.