By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Donald Trump: How Do You Feel about Him Now? (Poll)

Last November,

I supported him and I still do - Americas 91 15.77%

I supported him and I now don't - Americas 16 2.77%

I supported him and I still do - Europe 37 6.41%

I supported him and I now don't - Europe 7 1.21%

I supported him and I still do - Asia 6 1.04%

I supported him and I now don't - Asia 1 0.17%

I supported him and I still do - RoW 15 2.60%

I supported him and I now don't - RoW 2 0.35%

I didn't support him and still don't. 373 64.64%

I didn't support him and now do. 29 5.03%

Total:577

President Trump is a laughably dishonest person. Him "trashing the fake media" is selectively calling media sources who report unflattering things about him "fake".

He has a particular hardon for the Washington Post and the New York Times, who do some of the best reporting in the business. By contrast, he frequently pimps Fox News, which does very little in the way of original reporting. And it's often poorly researched when they do.

I don't much mind him trashing CNN because I think that in general, cable news is pretty low quality. But he's clearly only doing it because they report on things that make him look bad, not because he objects to the quality of the reporting.

Around the Network

They are all laughably dishonest. I don’t know how you could defend any of them with a straight face. “He’s only attacking them because they are making him look bad.” Yeah, they are trying for sure, 98% percent of time by hook or by crook. With their unknown sources, leakers and “we have no evidence but thought you should know” disclaimers buried at the bottom of their trash articles.

Can you give an example of an article where the trashing was unjustified? Or is it just more hyperbole like errorist76? He ruined the whole world in a year and half! Literally Hitler!

massimus said:

They are all laughably dishonest. I don’t know how you could defend any of them with a straight face. “He’s only attacking them because they are making him look bad.” Yeah, they are trying for sure, 98% percent of time by hook or by crook. With their unknown sources, leakers and “we have no evidence but thought you should know” disclaimers buried at the bottom of their trash articles.

Can you give an example of an article where the trashing was unjustified? Or is it just more hyperbole like errorist76? He ruined the whole world in a year and half! Literally Hitler!

There's a mountain of examples of unjustified impugning. Probably the most consistent one is his raging about the Russia investigation. He frequently calls Trump-Russia a media invention or fabrication and targets WaPo and the Times. I read both those publications though. Neither of them are saying that Trump colluded with Russia. What they have mostly done, is report on events as they happen, or (and this is the part that makes him mad), done investigative reporting that shows how Trump campaign and administration officials have frequently failed to make disclosures that they've been required to make, and caught them in lies about those things.

This is pretty much the function of the media.

I realize that it can be frustrating to see stuff like, "anonymous sources have told the Washington Post." But that's how journalism works. If the Post outed their sources all the time, the sources wouldn't be sources any more and we wouldn't get good information. WaPo and the Times frequently have a beat on good information. They have an excellent track record, and that's why they're considered papers of record. That doesn't mean that they never ever make mistakes, but they print retractions when mistakes are made. If the mistakes are egregious enough, or god forbid, there was willful deception, people get fired and the paper or network takes a massive credibility hit.

You don't strike me as someone who does a lot of reading, if I'm being honest. 

Do I think that CNN or MSNBC can froth a bit too much over the Russia investigation? Absolutely. But cable news is trash and it is wrong to lump them in with reputable newspapers. Furthermore, FOX News is equally trashy. But they say pro-Trump things, so he gives them the rub. This is super obvious stuff.

The Russia investigation is a joke though. There is zero evidence of any of it and it has gone on for a year and a half. If trump has a network of people that wake up everyday and trashed him all day based on nothing more than hearsay the question isn’t “why does he trash them” the question is why wouldn’t he. Ok they are just reporting on things with no evidence.... all day long.... what hasn’t he disclosed? What has he lied about? C’mon there are so many it would be easy to link to one.

“That’s how journalism works”

Oh that’s convenient when you’re trying to impeach a president isn’t it? Oh they print retractions after the damaged has been done, that’s convenient. They are as politically biased as Fox News. Pretending that objective reporting still exists especially in failing news papers is a lost cause. I skip straight to the source now.

I read a lot actually. Books, not the New York Times. I wouldn’t wipe my ass with the New York Times.Yes cable news is trash as well, you get no disagreement here. Fox News is literally the only one that doesn’t trash him all day long. Yes it’s obvious why he would rub their belly.

massimus said:

The Russia investigation is a joke though. There is zero evidence of any of it and it has gone on for a year and a half. If trump has a network of people that wake up everyday and trashed him all day based on nothing more than hearsay the question isn’t “why does he trash them” the question is why wouldn’t he. Ok they are just reporting on things with no evidence.... all day long.... what hasn’t he disclosed? What has he lied about? C’mon there are so many it would be easy to link to one.

Oh that’s convenient when you’re trying to impeach a president isn’t it? Oh they print retractions after the damaged has been done, that’s convenient. They are as politically biased as Fox News. Pretending that objective reporting still exists especially in failing news papers is a lost cause. I skip straight to the source now.

I read a lot actually. Books, not the New York Times. I wouldn’t wipe my ass with the New York Times.Yes cable news is trash as well, you get no disagreement here. Fox News is literally the only one that doesn’t trash him all day long. Yes it’s obvious why he would rub their belly.

Lol, there is no evidence of Russia trying to influence the election.  Exactly what planet have you been living on for the past couple years.  Now if you say there is no evidence on collusion, well you have absolutely not proof if there is or isn't.  Any prosecutor worth his creds will not present anything thing or even leak anything until they are ready to actually present their findings or go to court.  When the person of interest is the President of the US, well you have to be even more careful.  

You present that same tired defense that the investigation has gone on for a year as if there is a set time limit for uncovering information.  I am wondering if your only source of information is conservative web sites that paint any and everything Trump does as positive.  Think about how many times the news got something wrong compared to the mountain of things that could not be disputed.  Then you have a President that lies every time he gets a chance but does not retract any lie he has told.  You are basically saying its OK for Trump to lie since he is not the press but its a crime if the press gets something wrong then retract their statements.

The fact of the matter is, Trump is not treated any different than any other President.  The only difference is that he is dumb enough to use Twitter to communicate his thoughts unlike going through official channels like most Presidents do.  He says a lot of dumb stuff that probably sounded smart to him when he woke up in the morning but after finding out each thing he talks about is more complex then he understands opens him up to more critique.  This is what Trump wants because he wants to be in the news all the time.  Good or bad, he craves attention and I am sure if he doesn't see his name in a headline or some sort he would invent something that will be talked about for a week.

Around the Network
massimus said:

The appointment of Special Counsel Robert Mueller to investigate Russia's interference in the 2016 election just turned one year old last week. By comparison, the Clinton/Whitewater/Lewinsky special investigation went on for more than four years, so buckle up.

So far, 13 Russian Nationals have been indicted. Trump's campaign manager Paul Manafort has been indicted on felony charges. Another campaign staffer has plead guilty to a felony. Trump's national security adviser Michael Flynn (whom Trump attempted to shut down an FBI investigation of, going so far as to fire the FBI director when he did not stop the investigation) has plead guilty to a felony. 

You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. Which is fine. It's okay not to be educated on every subject.

But if you clearly know very little about something, I would caution you against expressing such strong opinions about it. 

Right the Russian collusion story happened as soon as they realized Hillary didn’t win. If she would have won nothing would have been brought up.

Oh yeah the 13 Russian nationals that plead not guilty to the surprise of mueller. It’s quite amusing to watch him scramble for evidence, especially seeing as one of the companies he indicted didn’t exist at the time. He never thought they would show up.

Oh “process crimes” as in lying to the fbi. As in having nothing to do with Russian collusion. Flynn plead guilty because they were bankrupting him lmao! What a load of crap. The FBI even said they didn’t think he was lying.

Firing the fbi director was not obstruction of justice. The president has every right to fire whoever he wants. That’s a load of crap seeing as the DOJ is still investigating the matter long after that goober got fired. The democrats wanted him fired in the previous administration. He’s an incompetent buffoon and a felony leaker. All this talk about felonies, let’s talk about real ones.

I know exactly what I’m talking about, you’re not as smart or well read as you think you are because you read the New York Times. How about sticking to the facts so we can have a reasonable conversation without the ignorant projecting jabs.

Machiavellian said:
massimus said:

Lol, there is no evidence of Russia trying to influence the election.  Exactly what planet have you been living on for the past couple years.  Now if you say there is no evidence on collusion, well you have absolutely not proof if there is or isn't.  Any prosecutor worth his creds will not present anything thing or even leak anything until they are ready to actually present their findings or go to court.  When the person of interest is the President of the US, well you have to be even more careful.  

You present that same tired defense that the investigation has gone on for a year as if there is a set time limit for uncovering information.  I am wondering if your only source of information is conservative web sites that paint any and everything Trump does as positive.  Think about how many times the news got something wrong compared to the mountain of things that could not be disputed.  Then you have a President that lies every time he gets a chance but does not retract any lie he has told.  You are basically saying its OK for Trump to lie since he is not the press but its a crime if the press gets something wrong then retract their statements.

The fact of the matter is, Trump is not treated any different than any other President.  The only difference is that he is dumb enough to use Twitter to communicate his thoughts unlike going through official channels like most Presidents do.  He says a lot of dumb stuff that probably sounded smart to him when he woke up in the morning but after finding out each thing he talks about is more complex then he understands opens him up to more critique.  This is what Trump wants because he wants to be in the news all the time.  Good or bad, he craves attention and I am sure if he doesn't see his name in a headline or some sort he would invent something that will be talked about for a week.

“You have no proof that he didn’t”

well fortunately I don’t have to prove a negative. If they had anything it would have been leaked by now. Literally everything else has. Yes same tired arguments I agree. You. Have. No. Evidence.

lol somebody rushed through "Cliff's Notes: The Russia Investigation".

Nice response, how am I wrong though? That’s all it took to discredit your talking points. That’s pretty bad huh?