By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - RUMOR: Devil May Cry V Reveal At E3 2018. Unreal Engine 4. Might be PS4/PC only.

CGI-Quality said:
collint0101 said:

Bull shit. I can understand when it's smaller studios and lesser known IP like with Bayonetta or cuphead but there's no way Capcom can't afford to make stuff like street fighter, monster hunter and DMC on their own. Seems like they would have learned after street fighter but I guess Capcom needs to have 3 big games underperform for them to realize that banking off of Sony alone isn't smart. 

The PS4 had the weight to pull SFV on its own. The game itself was the problem, not platform exclusivity.

The content was definitely a problem but with a lot of Sony exclusives ending up on switch, PC and Xbox more and more often I kinda doubt this is still an industry where companies can bet on PlayStation alone like the ps1 and ps2 days. 

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
So street fighter , DMC and MHW. Capcom fans arecspoiled on ps4.

I wouldn't call SFV "spoiling" anyone. Or MHW, which is multiplat. But I suppose if you buy all three and DMC is exclusive to PS4 I could see your point. Like how Souls fans are spoiled on PS4

I'm really excited for this, though I'm not a fan of the idea of a more "serious Dante". I really hope by that they don't mean that he's going to be more like the version of him in the incredibly shitty anime that trashed all over his character. As long as he's still quirky and hilarious it's all good. Character development is good but I still want Dante to be recognizable. The story being a sequel to DMC4 isn't exactly the most promising either unless they are vastly planning to improve things. I personally found the plot to be weak over all and Nero is no where near as interesting as Dante or Virgil. Which made the DmC game actually feel like a fantastic breath of fresh air.

At least the gameplay sounds phenomenal and the concept for boss fights sound fucking insane!

If it's coming at all it's hopefully no PS4 (console) exclusive.
So, wait and see.

captain carot said:
If it's coming at all it's hopefully no PS4 (console) exclusive.
So, wait and see.

So far, that’s seems to be the consensus on resetera. PS4 first, PC second. No Xbox. Basically SFV again. Of course we’ll know more as time goes on. 

Around the Network

hoped really that it would be showed at psx, so let's see what will happen

I'd be happy for another Devil May Cry. I hope the rumours are true.

Bring it on! I'm always up for some new Devil May Cry.

Signature goes here!

OK, bring it. I'm ready. :)

Mar1217 said:
I'm being god honest, but yeah, if DMC V is going to be announced at E3 as console exclusive for PS4, I would also expect an announcement for Bayonetta 3 from Platinum Games exclusive to the Nintendo Switch.

The internet would implode into a mystic war xD

Da interwebz is not ready for DMC5 v Bayo 3 fanboy warz!