By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How will the Loot Box controversy, if played out to have an effect, affect Nintendo?

PEEPer0nni said:
OTBWY said:

There is nothing to agree on since they are figurines first as a product, and they are not integral to the progression of the game or random. Comparing it to lootboxes is stupid, plain and simple.

Also, although Amiibo sales have stalled, they are still selling millions. 

Even if they are cosmetic everyone still wins when they're available for everyone.

That doesn't even make sense. Why would anything cosmetic let everyone win? Elaborate.

Around the Network
OTBWY said:
PEEPer0nni said:

Even if they are cosmetic everyone still wins when they're available for everyone.

That doesn't even make sense. Why would anything cosmetic let everyone win? Elaborate.

I'm not talking about winning in a literal sense. smh

PEEPer0nni said:
OTBWY said:

I'm not talking about winning in a literal sense. smh

Slap your hands when you actually say something comprehensible. You already made no literal sense when you called Amiibo "literally" lootboxes.

Isn't the orbs in FE Heroes are loot boxes?

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Jranation said:
Isn't the orbs in FE Heroes are loot boxes?

It's the norm in mobile games ofc. So NBD there.

For a lootbox thing to really get everyone's attention - it has to be a game people really cared about in the first place to make any difference.

Would be stunning if they ever do it for Splatoon - but they're already on everybody's good side for giving away so much for free.

Guess it could be in Smash someday I figure though.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016