By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - November NPD 2017 predictions thread

Which console will win the month

NSW 28 30.11%

PS4 52 55.91%

XB1 13 13.98%

Total:93

Lol, and quickrick was the closest to being right. Only slightly over on the Switch. Low on XBO. But spot on for PS4.

Around the Network
Intrinsic said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

I don't really see how my comment is a "gold" moment. Based on the information I had at the time, quickrick's prediction seemed ludicrous. Of course I was wrong, but that's hindsight. 

Besides ...

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8653426

No need to be a jerk about winning or losing

For me it wasn't just about you doubting him... I mean read his posts... I wouldn't blame anyone for doubting him.

But it was that you thought it was completely crazy for the PS4 to be up by 30% YOY.... meanwhile it ended up being up by 40%. 

Its like everyone just forgot what mass market pricing can do to sales. 

I don't know where I said it was "completely crazy". Again it really seems like you're exacerbating the "ridiculousness" of comments so that you can laugh at hindsight. 

Also I didn't imply that the price cut wouldn't affect an increase YOY, I implied that more competition, would make it reasonable to believe the YOY increase would be smaller. Which, again, was not a ridiculous notion back then considering Xbox is pretty close to PS in america and Switch was doing well.

Edit: Now that I think about it I don't even know if I knew about the price cut, can't really remember to be honest. Either way I thought more competition would make the increase less drastic.

thismeintiel said:
Lol, and quickrick was the closest to being right. Only slightly over on the Switch. Low on XBO. But spot on for PS4.

i post on reset era my prediction there was

850k switch

1650 ps4

1350 xbone .

Oh man, I remember Celador saying things like that. Crazy PS4 pulled it off.