By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PSVR: With The Success Of Skyrim, What Next?

God, I would love to experience some of the sequences in "Everybody's Gone to the Rapture" in VR. Same with Flower. No Man's Sky would be brilliant in VR.

Around the Network
Bristow9091 said:
GribbleGrunger said:

Yes, Flower would be a perfect fit. I think we're moving into the second phase of VR and Skyrim/RE are the testers. Most of the launch games were shorter experiences and I don't think that was anything to do with doubt from developers but rather a mandate to 'acclimatise' people to the experience first. 

All we need is an MMO and we'll be getting into SA:O territory! :P 

This guy knows what's up.

mizzou_guy said:
I'm honestly surprised PS Home hasn't been re-envisioned into PSVR yet. It would be a perfect match, and it's full of micro-transactions that Sony could use to support other VR titles. I used to go into PS Home now and then, and while it got a lot of flack, I enjoyed it enough. I know there were still a bunch of people who stuck around for it all the way to the end, so I feel like it would bring a whole new group of PSVR adopters if Sony would just do it.

HOME was a design and art failure in my opinion. The concept was just fine and would work if they were willing to take a second stab at it. I honestly think HOME was designed around virtual clothing and furnishings more than anything else which is why they made the mistake of trying to create realistic setting and people. If they could create it again with LBP in mind ... That would work great. 

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
mizzou_guy said:
I'm honestly surprised PS Home hasn't been re-envisioned into PSVR yet. It would be a perfect match, and it's full of micro-transactions that Sony could use to support other VR titles. I used to go into PS Home now and then, and while it got a lot of flack, I enjoyed it enough. I know there were still a bunch of people who stuck around for it all the way to the end, so I feel like it would bring a whole new group of PSVR adopters if Sony would just do it.

HOME was a design and art failure in my opinion. The concept was just fine and would work if they were willing to take a second stab at it. I honestly think HOME was designed around virtual clothing and furnishings more than anything else which is why they made the mistake of trying to create realistic setting and people. If they could create it again with LBP in mind ... That would work great. 

I think it would work if they changed the way the avatar interacts with the environment to be more game-like instead of like a walking point-and-clicker.  If they did that and upped the physics engine for objects/clothing along with lighting effects, it could be a pretty awesome VR experience.

EDIT:

But, now that I think of it, a VR-based LittleBigPlanet would be a terrific game and open so many doors for people to create their own VR environments to share.  I'd really like to see Media Molecule look into that!

mizzou_guy said:
GribbleGrunger said:

I think it would work if they changed the way the avatar interacts with the environment to be more game-like instead of like a walking point-and-clicker.  If they did that and upped the physics engine for objects/clothing along with lighting effects, it could be a pretty awesome VR experience.

EDIT:

But, now that I think of it, a VR-based LittleBigPlanet would be a terrific game and open so many doors for people to create their own VR environments to share.  I'd really like to see Media Molecule look into that!

I think they already are...  If I understand correctly, DREAMS may be a VR game or at least have a VR aspect to it.  

Around the Network

Do we even know if it is a success yet, or is this being based on it slightly outselling Skyrim Switch in just one market the UK. I fully expect Skyrim Switch to dominate the VR version in other regions, and also have much longer legs than the VR game.

While alot of VR adopters will ofcourse buy it because there is not many VR games of this magnitude, just the shear number of people who will be getting a Switch over the next year, and then purchase this game at some point makes me think it will sell alot more than the VR version at the end of the day.

Lets not forget in the PSVR world Skyrim has had practically no competition, whereas Switch players have had Fire Emblem, Super Mario Odyssey, L.A Noire and Doom all release in the 3 weeks prior, so it's a game they may purchase in a month, 3 months or 6 months. Anyone with a VR and an interest in Skyrim would of picked it up Day 1, so the sales will be more short term inflated.

Skyrim VR is charting nicely on Amazon almost all regional Amazon charts.

Playing far cry primal currently. Not too graphically heavy and would be amazing in VR

Kerotan said:
Playing far cry primal currently. Not too graphically heavy and would be amazing in VR

It's my favourite Farcry game. Totally underrated. 

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
Kerotan said:

It's my favourite Farcry game. Totally underrated. 

Only ever played far cry 4 and primal.  Loved then both but primal feels unique. Running through the forests feels like running the through the foresrs on Endor in battlefront.