By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PSVR: With The Success Of Skyrim, What Next?

What we have to bare in mind here is the fact fast action games or games without HUDs could cause motion sickness, so which reasonably paced 1st person games would make the grade? Here's my initial list:

Farcry Primal
Everyone's Gone To The Rapture
The Vanishing Of Ethen Carter
Fallout
Borderlands 2

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

With Fisk behind bars, what next?

Bioshock / Bioshock: Infinite could work in VR.

Transformers.
No Man's Sky
I would like an opportunity to play a traditional RPG even Active Time Battle. To be able to pick your character or swap between characters as an option. To take turns attacking your enemy with either automated preselected attacks or live and constant. Either one as long as the menu layout is on par. I could see myself easily entertained fighting shoulder to shoulder with the cast of FFVII. Waiting my turn to select my attack. All the while Tifa is casting Ice 3 in all its realism in VR. Essentially jumping into the tv and environment with these Classic characters. Just a concept though. Also an MMO. How hard is it to put the camera at the eyes of a character's perspective. Raiding a dungeon in all it's glory. You can still map everything to the Dualshock 4 with hotkeys it just has to be perfected. Strong story driven RPG or MMO is what I would like to see come to PSVR.

Vizigoth04 said:
Transformers.
No Man's Sky
I would like an opportunity to play a traditional RPG even Active Time Battle. To be able to pick your character or swap between characters as an option. To take turns attacking your enemy with either automated preselected attacks or live and constant. Either one as long as the menu layout is on par. I could see myself easily entertained fighting shoulder to shoulder with the cast of FFVII. Waiting my turn to select my attack. All the while Tifa is casting Ice 3 in all its realism in VR. Essentially jumping into the tv and environment with these Classic characters. Just a concept though. Also an MMO. How hard is it to put the camera at the eyes of a character's perspective. Raiding a dungeon in all it's glory. You can still map everything to the Dualshock 4 with hotkeys it just has to be perfected. Strong story driven RPG or MMO is what I would like to see come to PSVR.

Sean Murray has suggested they may be able to allow VR whilst on planets. The main problem is space battles in my opinion. They could make you feel really sick. 

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:
Vizigoth04 said:
Transformers.
No Man's Sky

Sean Murray has suggested they may be able to allow VR whilst on planets. The main problem is space battles in my opinion. They could make you feel really sick. 

My body is ready. I've gotten proper training with Star Wars X-Wing missions and a the Eve Valkrie demo. No vomiting yet.

Fast action games don't make you sick the Framerates do if they drop under 90. Next game obviously is Doom. Honestly the best PSVR game is Skyrim, can't think of any game that's better suited for it. The next big hit will be probably Fallout 4 PSVR end of next year.

To improve GTS VR mode

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Bristow9091 said:

I could absolutely see all three of these games work with VR... Fallout 4 IS getting VR, but only on PC, so unless they've got some exclusive shit going on, I can't see why they wouldn't at least think about bringing it to PSVR, the other games could easily just get patched since they're just walking simulators.

I think any sort of walking simulators should offer a VR experience too, since they're short games as it is, and having the option would probably entice more people to try them out.

Y'know what I'd like to see in VR? Flower. It's a simple game, works perfectly with motion controls (The controller of course), and I think being able to look around, as if you're surrounded by flying petals or breezing through the grass, could be quite the experience.

As for bigger games that might work with VR, I mean racing games are sort of a given, they tend to get good reviews from people who have tried VR, so more of that would be good I suppose. And more FPS games for sure, as long as they get the pacing properly, don't want anything too fast to cause motion sickness as you've said, but I've heard Farpoint is really great, so more of that would be welcome too, lol. 

How about a new Time Crisis game in VR? Since they're on rails and have the step cover, you could actually move behind cover yourself which would make it more interactive.

There's so many possibilities really for games that would work really well in VR, like RTS games would be, in my opinion anyway, incredible with VR, using the Move controllers to, well, move units, lol, and you could crouch down or lean in to get a good close up view of the action too!

tl;dr I have too many ideas, lol. 

Yes, Flower would be a perfect fit. I think we're moving into the second phase of VR and Skyrim/RE are the testers. Most of the launch games were shorter experiences and I don't think that was anything to do with doubt from developers but rather a mandate to 'acclimatise' people to the experience first. 

The PS5 Exists. 

I'm honestly surprised PS Home hasn't been re-envisioned into PSVR yet. It would be a perfect match, and it's full of micro-transactions that Sony could use to support other VR titles. I used to go into PS Home now and then, and while it got a lot of flack, I enjoyed it enough. I know there were still a bunch of people who stuck around for it all the way to the end, so I feel like it would bring a whole new group of PSVR adopters if Sony would just do it.