By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - It's comming! What do you expect from Zelda: BotW 2nd DLC...?

Hiku said:

I want Zelda to be playable.

She's at the center of this image, so they better do it.

Didn't they already confirm that you'll still play as Link in the DLC? I recall reading about it a while ago, but I'm not 100% sure.

Anyways, there's a Link version of that artwork you posted:

Around the Network

I expect I'll lose another 50-100 hours of my life... and be happy with losing it!

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

I know how it'll end...

... with a teaser for all new, full blown sequel. Majora's mask style.

In fact, I'd go so far as to guess as the next Zelda will have masks.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Super_Boom said:
OTBWY said:
What I want:

- Link Zelda romance being canon.

You.

I like you.

I like you too, let's be friends.

Hiku said:

I want Zelda to be playable.

She's at the center of this image, so they better do it.

I disagree. You spend the entire game building Link up. Why would they switch it to Zelda? Honestly, LoZ is a game where you play as Link. Simple as that. Spin-offs are fair game, but the mainline games should stay that way.

Around the Network
Zarkho said:
Vini256 said:

Edit: A recipe book wouldn't hurt either. It would make cooking easier and be another thing to complete in the game, since I assume you would have to discover the recipes first in order for them to appear in the book.

Didn't think about this! This would be great!  =D

So many recipes create a different version of the same thing, though. Like a salad that adds 12 hearts instead of 15.

I'm sure it could work but I just clicked on whatever recipe I REALLY liked and took a screenshot.

Mar1217 said:
OTBWY said:
What I want:

- New area/cave/dungeon to explore.
- Rebuilt Hyrule.
- Link Zelda Mipha romance being canon ... wait, it already is !!
- New things to collect.
- New enemies.
- New weapons and costumes.

Fixed it.

Mipha is very much dead mate. Forever. And ever.

And to be extra savage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYLV9Peuw_E

OTBWY said:

Mipha is very much dead mate. Forever. And ever.

And to be extra savage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYLV9Peuw_E

Friends? Nah...make that ultra-friends.

Mipha can have her brood with Arlong anyway.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Hiku said:
OTBWY said:

I disagree. You spend the entire game building Link up. Why would they switch it to Zelda? Honestly, LoZ is a game where you play as Link. Simple as that. Spin-offs are fair game, but the mainline games should stay that way.

I can tell you a ton of mainline games where you spend the entire game building up one character, and then afterwards get to play as another (Ada in Resident Evil 4, Luc in Suikoden 3, Vergil in Devil May Cry 3, etc). Even entire mainline games dedicated to this, like playing as Raiden in Metal Gear Solid 2, or Big Boss in Metal Gear Solid 3.

Also just want to point out how funny this sentence sounds. "Legend of Zelda is a game where you play as Link. Not as Zelda. Simple as that."
Yes, so simple that no one has ever gotten confused by this and referred to the main character as Zelda. ;)
On that note, you did get to play as and control Zelda in Spirit Tracks. But as a companion to Link.

Added DLC is a perfect opportunity for focus on a side story or side character btw. You don't have to dedicate an entire game to it.
Recent example, Chris Redfield being playable in Resident Evil 7's DLC.

Don't get your hopes up. If this DLC takes place before BotW's main game, then Zelda is worthless. We saw in flashbacks. She is not a sword fighter, she has no magic, she can do nothing.

If this takes place after BotW, then there is just too much to change. This isn't just a reskin like your example, this is a character that can use magic, is not a sword fighter, would not have access to the 4 abilities that Link has (magnet, times stop, ect) It would be a lot to change for the game.

Hiku said:
OTBWY said:

I can tell you a ton of mainline games where you spend the entire game building up one character, and then afterwards get to play as another (Ada in Resident Evil 4, Luc in Suikoden 3, Vergil in Devil May Cry 3, etc). Even entire mainline games dedicated to this, like playing as Raiden in Metal Gear Solid 2, or Big Boss in Metal Gear Solid 3.

And? It's a wrong comparison. Those games had it written in the story, part of the main game. This is DLC. It should add to the content already there. Besides, you say that this is automatically some good thing. As I recall, people hated playing the Arbiter in Halo 2. That's just one example.

Also just want to point out how funny this sentence sounds. "Legend of Zelda is a game where you play as Link. Not as Zelda. Simple as that."
Yes, so simple that no one has ever gotten confused by this and referred to the main character as Zelda. ;)
On that note, you did get to play as and control Zelda in Spirit Tracks. But as a companion to Link.

You mean people who don't care to actually play the game and get to know the characters? Or people who overuse that meme? Besides, tons of games out there with main characters not included in the title. I'm not even going to bother with the Spirit Tracks thing. You play as Link. Period. Zelda is a gimmick/game mechanic in that game.

Added DLC is a perfect opportunity for focus on a side story or side character btw. You don't have to dedicate an entire game to it.
Recent example, Chris Redfield being playable in Resident Evil 7's DLC.

It would be a slap in the face of people waiting for this DLC, wanting to have some conclusion with their character that they've played with for hours and hours, building him up and building a relationship with the character you play as. They would have to change some mechanics to fit the character as well. Zelda is no warrior mind you.