By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Switch Is Succeeding Without Blue Ocean Casuals, Nintendo Should Not Forget This.

Kai_Mao said:
shenlong213 said:
This week’s Switch eShop US charts are as follows:

Software

1. Super Mario Odyssey
2. Rocket League
3. Stardew Valley
4. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
5. Doom
6. Sonic Forces
7. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
8. Overcooked: Special Edition
9. Zelda: Breath of the Wild
10. Sonic Mania

I'm surprised Overcooked Special Edition has remained in the top 10 despite the constant releases among the indies, third-parties, and Nintendo games. It will be interesting to see how this top ten at the eshop will shake up once the holidays really hit its stride.

Anyway, the top ten does show a decent lineup of core Nintendo, core third party, retro, and indies. I guess Sonic Forces being in the top ten is nice, though its kinda bittersweet considering how mediocre the game became (from what I've seen and read).

Ya its nice to see a variety of genres in the chart.

At least Sega had the sense to price Forces at $40 rather than $60.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

So are you going to address what Rol said about the NPDs? 

*goes back to lurking*

I don't believe that to be necessary since I realize the limitations of NPD data ... 

I even once argued that we shouldn't take it's data to be gospel since they also have to extrapolate for their estimates too when their possibly blind to as much as what's going in the other half of the retail marketplace since mainstream retailers such as Walmart, Costco, Amazon and others don't share data with the NPD group ... 

However, since it's the only remotely reliable research group for the North American market that frequently releases data so it's the only tool we have until quarterly reports ... (but even with quarterly reports, numbers are not guaranteed to be reported either) 

fatslob-:O said:

So are you going to address what Rol said about the NPDs? 

*goes back to lurking*

I don't believe that to be necessary since I realize the limitations of NPD data ... 

I even once argued that we shouldn't take it's data to be gospel since they also have to extrapolate for their estimates too when their possibly blind to as much as what's going in the other half of the retail marketplace since mainstream retailers such as Walmart, Costco, Amazon and others don't share data with the NPD group ... 

However, since it's the only remotely reliable research group for the North American market that frequently releases data so it's the only tool we have until quarterly reports ... (but even with quarterly reports, numbers are not guaranteed to be reported either) 

NPD has covered Wal-Mart since 2011 and before that they covered 65% of the market. That number is closer to 90% now. Amazon is also very easy to track, due to their own best sellers list, I am sure NPD has fairly accurate readings based on that. Regardless they only represent like 5% of sales.

It is rather interesting that despite seemingly going for an unbiased or fact-based character you always downplay the Switch in practically every sales thread. Are you just trying to be factual and/or play Devil's advocate or what? 

It is rather interesting that despite seemingly going for an unbiased or fact-based character you always downplay the Switch in practically every sales thread. Are you just trying to be factual and/or play Devil's advocate or what? 

Are these things supposed to be mutually exclusive ? 

Around the Network

Are these things supposed to be mutually exclusive ? 

How can it be mutually exclusive if I said and/or? 

I probably read it wrong then since your impression gave off a different feeling ... 

And yes, most likely I am playing devil's advocate but I don't necessarily take form on nearly any position ...

I probably read it wrong then since your impression gave off a different feeling ... 

And yes, most likely I am playing devil's advocate but I don't necessarily take form on nearly any position ...

Well like I said I'm not trying to be offensive Even if saying "no offense" doesn't mean something isn't offensive. I  like your comments, it just seems off that they are always so skewed negatively towards one company. But that is perhaps my own bias at play  

Well like I said I'm not trying to be offensive Even if saying "no offense" doesn't mean something isn't offensive. I  like your comments, it just seems off that they are always so skewed negatively towards one company. But that is perhaps my own bias at play  

It's more "apathetic" or boring than it is "negative" and my posting pattern is not optimistic a lot times either ... 

I think this is getting off topic ... 

It's more "apathetic" or boring than it is "negative" and my posting pattern is not optimistic a lot times either ... 

I think this is getting off topic ... 

Yep you're right, just curious, sorry