By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - DigitalFoundry: Skyrim for Switch

DonFerrari said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

Guys... the PSVR version is literally bundled.. 

Yes it is, and is it the only version available? I don't think it is.

what? What does this reply even mean? If someone wanted to jump into VR they probably aren't going to get a shitty bundle. They're going to get Skyrim. Skyrim VR selling better than Switch's version just means that VR is gaining a hardware boost, UK is still playstation palace.

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:

Guys... the PSVR version is literally bundled.. 

Alkibiádēs said:

When will you guys learn that the fucking UK doesn't equal the world? It has always been a poor market for Nintendo, it's not representative of the rest of the world at all. 

When will you learn to be polite? We know that UK =/= World, yet we can only discuss the numbers we have.

Still Fifa done 1% of total in UK FW, and WW it done 1,6%, yet you were probably among the people that were complain about we discussing the UK sales.

What does Skyrim have to do with Fifa?

The Switch version is ranking a lot higher on Amazon (USA) than the PS VR version.

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Nice! I really might have to get this game again... I've always wanted a portable version

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Shiken said:
Finally, a solid frame rate for this game. I had it on the PS3 (worst version), so the Switch version is welcome in my eyes. Given the fact that this is basically the Special Edition on PS4 I skipped out on and it has been over 3 years since I last played the game, I figure it is worth another hurah on the Switch.

Physical ver of the game doesn't need additional sd card space, maybe for the save and it is not too much!

darkrulier said:
Shiken said:
Finally, a solid frame rate for this game. I had it on the PS3 (worst version), so the Switch version is welcome in my eyes. Given the fact that this is basically the Special Edition on PS4 I skipped out on and it has been over 3 years since I last played the game, I figure it is worth another hurah on the Switch.

Physical ver of the game doesn't need additional sd card space, maybe for the save and it is not too much!

Pretty sure it needs additional memory. The day 1 patch has multi language audio that is stored on the Switch. 

"Tell me why does it have to be so hard

to let go when it?s your final day

...When death is on it's way"

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:

what? What does this reply even mean? If someone wanted to jump into VR they probably aren't going to get a shitty bundle. They're going to get Skyrim. Skyrim VR selling better than Switch's version just means that VR is gaining a hardware boost, UK is still playstation palace.

I have zero interest in Skyrim. And would think a lot of people doesn't care about it as well. But the point is the assumption that Skyrim was drove by the PSVR, funnier yet when people say PSVR isn't even attractive platform. So we dismiss that Skyrim done better than PSVR than on Switch because now PSVR is a power seller?

Alkibiádēs said:
DonFerrari said:

When will you learn to be polite? We know that UK =/= World, yet we can only discuss the numbers we have.

Still Fifa done 1% of total in UK FW, and WW it done 1,6%, yet you were probably among the people that were complain about we discussing the UK sales.

The Switch version is ranking a lot higher on Amazon (USA) than the PS VR version.

Weren't you complaining about assuming UK = World? Fifa representativiness on UK and WW wasn't that much off, but still a lot of people were complaining when we pointed that Fifa Switch done bad on UK and asked to look at WW sales (you were on that thread?). Know here we are talking about Skyrim UK sales, and you are asking the same (to not discuss it because UK =/= than WW) are you going to pretend nothing happened if Skyrim WW sales aren't high?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Looks great on Switch. At the higher end of my expectations I guess. I also saw some of the videos where the foliage popping was very bad in the open areas, much worse than 360 as I remember it, although I could be remembering with rose coloured glasses. That was the only thing detracting. I prefer the Switch approach of dropping resolution to maintain 30fps rather than dropping frames too. Such a brilliant game to get on a portable. Literally 100s of hours of gameplay and you still wouldn't have seen everything. That might take 1000s of hours. One of my favourites games of all time. I think one of the huge advantages of Switch is its 4GB of memory. Many of the issues with ps3 and rimlag was just too little memory in the system. Skyrim is a hugely comfortable fit for 4GB and the Switch seems to be loading very fast which is surely one of its best features. On the xbox 360 and PS3 you could dread going through a door knowing you were about to stop playing for 30 seconds or so as the new data was loaded. From what I've seen in reviews this is much improved on Switch although maybe as you develop your character and play more of the game loading will slowdown a bit.

Not a Switch owner yet but definitely now on the radar because of Mario Odyssey and this looks like a definite title to add.

DonFerrari said:

I have zero interest in Skyrim. And would think a lot of people doesn't care about it as well. But the point is the assumption that Skyrim was drove by the PSVR, funnier yet when people say PSVR isn't even attractive platform. So we dismiss that Skyrim done better than PSVR than on Switch because now PSVR is a power seller?

Alkibiádēs said:

Weren't you complaining about assuming UK = World? Fifa representativiness on UK and WW wasn't that much off, but still a lot of people were complaining when we pointed that Fifa Switch done bad on UK and asked to look at WW sales (you were on that thread?). Know here we are talking about Skyrim UK sales, and you are asking the same (to not discuss it because UK =/= than WW) are you going to pretend nothing happened if Skyrim WW sales aren't high?

Skyrim: open world RPG

Fifa: yearly rehash football title that most Nintendo fans couldn't give a single fuck about + it's missing many features that the other versions have. 

Besides, we haven't gotten sales numbers from Fifa 18, so your argument is moot. Switch is also most popular in North America and Japan and guess what... football (soccer) isn't popular in those countries... which explains the sales. 

Xbox One + PS4 + PC + Xbox 360/PS3 is also a much larger userbase than just the Switch, so that percentage isn't nearly as impressive as you seem to think it is. 

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

DonFerrari said:

You are trying to catch me on inconsistencies that I have not made, other people have. I actually don't talk about VR at all on this site, so trying to pin me on what other people have said is odd. 

VR is a power seller as soon as it gets the full experiences to support it. Skyrim, like Resident Evil 7, is one such experience. It's not that the PSVR is a "power seller" or sells more than Switch. It's that this is one of the first times PS VR has been attractive to a general audience, with an amazing bundle, including the best selling RPG of all time(not including Pokemon 1st gen), and on top of that it's in the UK. I feel like these are pretty good reasons as to why the game is selling more than the Switch version. Not only is it heavily bundled, but it is a new experience. New. No matter how fresh Skyrim may be on Switch's handheld mode, I don't think that qualifies as being as new as a fully-fledged VR game. 

If I sound like I am making excuses out of sympathy for the Switch, then well ... that is because I kind of am. Well okay, not the excuses part, but the point is that I will admit there is a level of bias giving me such a perspective. Call it wishful thinking. I want the Switch to succeed, but most importantly I want people to be able to have great games on the Switch. To be able to enjoy great experiences on the console that come from companies other than Nintendo. That being said, I feel the viewpoint, even if a bit too optimistic, is supported by the points I made. Even if 3rd party support doesn't effect me(I use a gaming PC for third parties), I want the system to be great for other companies.

I also feel like we've heard these points before. People were shouting doom and gloom when Fate/Extella sold worse on Switch than PS4 and Vita yet Marvelous is still supporting the Switch. I also seem to remember people shouting doom and gloom about the Xenoverse 2 port, and honestly I get it. Looking at the numbers at VGChartz, it says it sold only 100k physical as of September 30th. It debuted at only 24k in Japan(which isn't bad). Yet it passed 400k with digital as of November 9th, meaning that a mere port of an old game sold almost half a million in 1 month and 2.5 weeks. 

The U.K. performance of Skyrim is definitely not great, i'm not going to lie. But Digital + North American sales? It's going to perform very good, I feel. I feel like we'll go through this tango a million times with the Switch. One game underperforms in the charts, people freak out, company releases a statement saying they're pleased, people say the company is just using PR tactics, then they get confused when the company releases another 6 titles for the console.  By the end of the generation, we'll probably look at Skyrim as a good performer with legs especially in the US.

RaptorGTA said:
darkrulier said:

Pretty sure it needs additional memory. The day 1 patch has multi language audio that is stored on the Switch. 

No it doesn't, patch is like 200MB.