By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy XV multiplayer expansion is....

think-man said:
Wright said:

I'm not paying 20 fucking bucks for this, so I have no clue.

It has 30 hours worth of content, so well worth it. 

Not when I don't have any friends to play with!

Around the Network
Sunstrider said:
think-man said:

So you aren't buying another one?

I will, next year, this year I'm focused on the Switch and a little PC gaming, I'm just waiting to see if my local store gets a hold of the MHW PS4 Pro bundle.

Probably a good call. Next year they might announce a ps4 pro slim at a cheaper price.  

Anyway @op what's the online player count? 

Sounds like ff multiplayer could have a big role to play in future mainline entries . Could end up like gta online which would be awesome. 

As much as I enjoy FFXV, I don't really like DLC in general. Not much has been worth it, but I will probably wait for a sale in the years to come.

aLkaLiNE said:
Is this game worth getting yet? Serious question. I've heard not so good things aside from graphics and now this.

Short answer yes. Considering how many different subsets of ff fans there are, there are going to be polarizing opinions no matter what.  That being said since ffxv is the new flavor right now you’re going to get a vocal minority, and yes it is a minority bsing the game. It’s still selling.  To give some credit to its popularity and likeness I have seen about as many FFXV cosplays at conventions as FF7.  Some will say that’s because it’s new, but I retort that I have never seen this many from 12 or 13.  More than 8 and I dare say more than 10 at the moment which is no small feat. If people are cosplaying as the characters there is a high chance of them REALLY liking the game.  Unless for ironic reasons, but that is a very rare occurrence.

If you’re one of the long time fans of ff that had unrealistic expectations like many of the minority did coming into the game of course theres a  chance they didn’t like it. :/ At that point a small breeze in the wrong direction would get their panties in a bunch.

Lube Me Up

VGPolyglot said:
think-man said:

From what I’m hearing you don’t need any friends to play with.  You can play the single player offline and without ps plus.

Edit: I think you could actually buy comrades without even owning FFXV

Lube Me Up

Around the Network
LMU Uncle Alfred said:
VGPolyglot said:

From what I’m hearing you don’t need any friends to play with.  You can play the single player offline and without ps plus.

But I thought we were talking about the multiplayer expansion?

I've been addicted to it since last night

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

VGPolyglot said:
LMU Uncle Alfred said:

But I thought we were talking about the multiplayer expansion?

There's a story portion from what I'm hearing that you don't even need to be online for.

Lube Me Up

Is FFXVI out yet?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

VGPolyglot said:
think-man said:

It can also be played offline with AI, also I just play with randoms