By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Ideas for what Nintendo may do next?

This is a wishful thinking. They could bring Backwards compatibility of past Nintendo games from past consoles via the Nintendo Online Service as free games.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network
Johnw1104 said:
Frankly, much like with Galaxy and Ocarina I think Nintendo should reuse that brilliant engine (apparently Odyssey is a modified version of the same engine from BotW) to produce sequels far quicker and within the lifespan of this generation. It would be a shame to see all the work that went into them only getting used once, and it seems to me that the sequels could both surpass their predecessors as far as content and gameplay is concerned should they choose to devote themselves to it.

Not sure what else they're planning.

I agree! Within three years Nintendo should generally develop a sequel of their successful big IPs. Dont understand me wrong I dont want them to produce their big games yearly. But in my in Opinion new games of their strongest IPs should appear twice every console generation.

caffeinade said:
Yakuza X F-Zero spinoff developed by Sega, with a new tie-in F-Zero title, also developed by Sega.

and heaps of anime.

With Captain Falcon being able to do karaoke and Samurai Goroh acting like Majima... hell yes that.

A more realistic looking game that doesn't involve anything cartoony looking with a new character and not using their typical Smash Bros cast.

After Splatoon and ARMS they defiantly working on more new IPs for Switch, saying that, its hard to predict what those IPs could be. Nintendo dont have more mature action IP thats in vein of Uncharted/TLoU, so they (Retros) maybe working on more mature action IP.

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:
Miyamotoo said:
After Splatoon and ARMS they defiantly working on more new IPs for Switch, saying that, its hard to predict what those IPs could be. Nintendo dont have more mature action IP thats in vein of Uncharted/TLoU, so they (Retros) maybe working on more mature action IP.

Yes, but I'd still like to see them buy back Banjo, Conker, KI and Perfect Dark from Microsoft.

Me too, but that'll never happen.

Honestly, let's see something new.  Something new from Retro and something new from Nintendo.  That's what I want to see.

We'll definitely see Animal Crossing next year.

CaptainExplosion said:
Miyamotoo said:

Yes, but I'd still like to see them buy back Banjo, Conker, KI and Perfect Dark from Microsoft.

I would also loved to buy Banjo, but thats not most realistic option, they have more than enuf own IPs, so it's much easier for them to work on some of their IPs or made new one.

CaptainExplosion said:
couchmonkey said:

Me too, but that'll never happen.

Honestly, let's see something new.  Something new from Retro and something new from Nintendo.  That's what I want to see.

We'll definitely see Animal Crossing next year.

Buying back Banjo and Conker is the only way we can get a re-release of Diddy Kong Racing on eShop.

Plus, what Microsoft has done to those two franchises is, for la

Maybe they cant release Diddy Kong Racing on eShop, buy Nintendo can make Diddy Kong Racing 2 if they want (I hope they will).

CaptainExplosion said:
Miyamotoo said:

I would also loved to buy Banjo, but thats not most realistic option, they have more than enuf own IPs, so it's much easier for them to work on some of their IPs or made new one.

Maybe they cant release Diddy Kong Racing on eShop, buy Nintendo can make Diddy Kong Racing 2 if they want (I hope they will).

They can't keep letting such an iconic N64 classic rot like this. And need I remind you of this again?

Yes they can, best we can hope is for Diddy Kong Racing 2.

I'm ready to bet in 2018 we will see either a Super Smash Bros re-release or a 2D Mario with a brand new formula (not NEW series).
My reasoning is based on 2 facts:
  • Since 2006 Nintendo has relased a Mario platform game every year, except when Smash Bros is released. So, since 3D Mario has just been released and it's too early for a Smash Bros new entry, I'm confident we'll either get a Smash Bros port or a new 2D Mario.
  • I also believe the next 2D Mario will be a refersh of the series, since the New Super Mario formula has got stale both in terms of critics and sales. I would also rule out a new Super Mario Maker, since that formula would makes harder for Nintendo to propose new iterations of the game later.

CaptainExplosion said:
Miyamotoo said:

Yes they can, best we can hope is for Diddy Kong Racing 2.

You completely ignored my Nuts and Bolts and Young Conker point.

I ignored that because that don't change nothing. :)