Hard to take OP seriously when its written in such a childish way. OP Assumes that everyone shares his opinion and that 3D world is somehow a bad game.
In fact, as someone who has played and 100% BOTH games with 30-40hours invested in BOTH games, 3D world is the best platformer by far out of the 2. Odyssey isn't even that good of a platformer, it's more of a exploration collectathon game then a platformer which makes for one of the most disappointing 3D Mario platformers I've played. Also, Mario odyssey goes for quantity over quality with so many moons standing out in the open and most moons repeting themselves from kingdom to kingdom. (see below) I also feel that even when getting a moon in a challenging platforming level, it will not feel nearly as great because it's undermined by the hundreds of other moons that feel completely useless.
Also, no one seems to mention how Odyssey is incredibly tedious and repetitive if you actually begin to go for all the moons. In fact, a post from Neogaf summarised the overall game incredibly well: "SPOILERS"
"Can we please discuss how utterly repetitive the activities are in each kingdom to collect the moon?
1) Koopa race
2) Ground pound the underground bump
3) Trace the lines
4) Ground pound these 1000 random glowing and non-glowing spots
5) Red door where you find two moons
7) Captain toad
9) "Feel" haptically where you should ground pound
10) Buy in the store
12) Get the costume and find it behind the locked door
13) Find the art and moon is there
14) Impress the female goomba
15) Look at the sail with the telescope
16) Spin cappy on glowing object x
17) Open the treasure boxes in the correct order
20) Collect 5 golden moons to unlock the actual moon
21) Bring the seed to the pot
22) Do some random challenge to a 100 (i.e. jumping rope, volleyball)
Another thing, the lack of memorable music. 3D world soundtrack is far superior in my opinion. After playing Mario odyssey for 40 hours, I remember maybe ONE song. That's it.
Anyways, in my opinion, Odyssey is kinda similar to how I felt with breath of the wild. Incredibly fun at first glance and fresh. But then, you quickly realise that it misses a lot of the things that made Zelda games,.. Zelda games. Same thing here for Mario.
EDIT: Also, before anyone attacks me for criticising odyssey. I bought the game digitally while I already had my physical copy shipped from Amazon just to get to play it 12hours in advance which means I bought the game twice lol.
Last edited by benji232 - on 14 November 2017