By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Discussion Thread: The Greatest Games Event 2017 - FINISH YOUR LISTS

axumblade said:
Ultrashroomz said:
#26:
Sequel to one of my favorite games of all time. Features the same engine and silky smooth controls, but not as memorable level designs and bosses IMO. Recently got announced to be re-released on current gen stuff.

#25:
Pink colored attacks are your key to survival and victory.

#24:
A sequel to what's considered one of the greatest games of all time. This game overstays its welcome a bit by the 3rd chunk of the game, but it pushed it's original console to its limits, and really did an amazing job of portraying a dark atmosphere that acts as a parallel dimension.

26. Mega Man X

25. Cuphead

24. Majora's Mask

I'll give you 26 and 25 is correct.

24 is wrong tho.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Around the Network
uran10 said:

#25 This game's world introduced several key elements in the world for the series going forward.

#24 I swing my arms to swing my sword

#23 RPG, old and young

#22 A revolutionary game that got remade on a handheld.

#21 Let's revisit this world which started the key elements in this "direct" sequel.

24 Skyward Sword

22 Ocarina of Time?

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

S.Peelman said:

All three are correct!  And I see you are also a connoisseur of fine Roller Coaster games. 8)

It'll be on my list yes, to say the least.

I loved the first and especially the second game. The second is likely my most played game ever. Played some of the third but didn't really like it because you could build a lot less with it. Or at least it felt that way, less freedom than the other two, even with the expansions. I like to make things as elaborate and themed as possible, which is why I want to play Planet Coaster, but still haven't gotten it. The new one, World, physically hurts my soul just looking at it. How a great series call fall.

RC2 is definitely the best one, though RC1 was good too.  The sequels and imitator games just served to convince me how truly great Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 really was.  Some games are so great that no one else can come close to remaking it, even decades later.

Last edited by The_Liquid_Laser - on 05 December 2017

Platina said:
uran10 said:

#25 This game's world introduced several key elements in the world for the series going forward.

#23 RPG, old and young

#21 Let's revisit this world which started the key elements in this "direct" sequel.

24 Skyward Sword

22 Ocarina of Time?

24 is correct

22 HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA you wont find that game on this list :)

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

#30 Monster Hunter Stories / 3DS

The best Monster Hunter bois, combines the usual grind of the series with a decent story filled with colorful and memorable characters, changing up the gameplay by making it a turn based combat system while keeping a lot of the mechanics of the main series titles to create a different yet familiar enough MH experience. The style of the game is so pretty and the soundtrack amazing as usual.

#29 Atelier Ayesha Alchemist of Dusk / PS3

Atelier is a charming and very unique RPG series, that has time management and item synthesis (alchemy) as its main mechanics, a series that doesn't have a strong plot, but rather focuses on its characters and the interactions between them, with a criminally underrated soundtrack and great art direction. Ayesha is here due to the polish of the main mechanics at that point in the PS3 titles plus a lot of charming touches in the music variety, but I can recommend any title in the series.

#28 Final Fantasy VI / SNES

One of the few Final Fantasy games I have finished and I'm pretty glad I did, the game is pretty amazing for, with its memorable story and characters being the highlight on top of  a mechanically great game.

#27 Super Mario 64 /N64

The  first 3D adventure of my favorite ex-plumber, a game from my childhood that I keep revisiting to this day. Still as fun as I remember.

Around the Network
Player2 said:
S.Peelman said:
This game lasts 60 minutes.

Prince of Persia.

Yes, Prince of Persia is ofcourse correct!

Platina said:
S.Peelman said:
This game lasts 60 minutes.

Majora's Mask?

Interesting guess, but Player2's guess was the right one. I never even thought of MM to fit this hint in some way, and googling it it seems the three days on normal speed are a couple minutes under an hour long, and slowing down time adds another two.

Slarvax said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Pokemon Black/White!

Correct.

The return of the Tanuki.

Mario 3D Land

uran10 said:

#23 RPG, old and young

25 and 21 sound like they're A Link to the Past and A Link Between Worlds respectively, but I don't know because with 24 that'd make a lot of Zelda games.

23 I think is Mario & Luigi Partners in Time.

uran10 said:
Platina said:

24 Skyward Sword

22 Ocarina of Time?

24 is correct

22 HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA you wont find that game on this list :)

I thought so, did seem to fit with the hint :p

Is it SMB then?

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

axumblade said:

So I haven't posted in this thread yet. So here are some quick hints for a few

50. The Q-Force
49. Never leave home without your Coleman camping supplies.
48. There's a Macho Man Randy Savage mod for the dragons in this game.
47. The company that makes this series cannot seem to get this series right. Luckily, this fanmade game exists.
46. "For God and country, it is our holy duty to guard against the foreign hordes."

49. Final Fantasy XV

48. Skyrim

47. Sonic Mania

Here's a brief write-up of the last three games on my list. Hints for the next three at the end.

Tekken 5
Previous Year: #25

My favourite fighting game and fighting game series of all time. I've literally spent hundreds of hours playing various Tekken games over the years, and out of all of them Tekken 5 is the best one. The character roster was great, and the new additions felt like they fit perfectly into the mix as well. With a few friends we even played the games arcade mode so much that we raised every single character to Tekken Lords in it.

Enslaved: Odyssey to the West
Previous Year: #21

Enslaved: Odyssey to the West is the game that made me a fan of Ninja Theory, and the reason why I've followed the developers work very closely ever since. The game has two of my favourite video game characters of all time in Monkey and Trip, and the post-apocalyptic world created for the game is one of the most interesting and unique I've ever encountered. The only real shortcoming in the game is its ending, which leaves the story on a cliffhanger that is likely never going to be solved because the game didn't sell well enough in its original release.

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel
Previous Year: New

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel was a game I originally had no real expectations for. I had previously played the Trails in the Sky sister series and loved those games as well, but I didn't really know whether the entire series would be just as good. After playing Trails of Cold Steel I can safely say it is one of the best JRPG franchises I've ever played. The character, story, gameplay and music are all excellent, and the third game in this subseries is now among my most anticipated games at the moment.

Hinst for the next three games:

#26: Like a Studio Ghibli movie, but a video game

#25: It's not about the destination

#24: You can fly now. With a tail. That you get from a leaf.