By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Discussion Thread: The Greatest Games Event 2017 - FINISH YOUR LISTS

Ok, late to the party...

#46 : Great RPG released on two not so sucessful platforms...

Around the Network
Mnementh said:
S.Peelman said:
Well this'll be an elaborate hint.

There's quite the uproar going on right now against the publisher of a new game in this huge franchise that's about to release. These games used to be made by their own special developer and publisher though, and things were better. In this older game, an on-rails shooter, you play as a rookie in various perspectives; shooting or flying in both first-person and third person.

Star Wars Rebel Assault?

And yes, with independent LucasArts things were better.

This was indeed correct.

Mnementh said:
S.Peelman said:

A classic and very important. The predecessor to the very influential Doom. These games id Soft made back then defined the First Person Shooter genre and I just have to assume things would've developed differently without id and Wolfenstein+Doom+Quake.

It is. Played Wolfenstein the most out of those early shooter games, but played most of the others as well. Doom was too scary for me though, and only played Quake until years later. I also played plenty of Duke Nukem (in secret until I was actually allowed to play that lol)  and even Shadow Warrior. Those were interesting times.

mZuzek said:
S.Peelman said:

Very good.

The second one, but that doesn't become clear from the hint.

Interesting. I only ever played the second one, was one of those obscure experiences you have as a kid. I found the disc again years later, replayed it and had a good bit of fun. It's a pretty iconic game in some ways actually, but I wouldn't put it in a top 50

Edit: but seriously, that last on-rails flying level. That was insanity.

It is a fun game, but I'll admit that these first couple of games are largely here for nostalgic value, though I guess Wolfenstein has a case to belong in such a list. I loved that last level, I had the most trouble with the speeder bike level and the tie-fighter level flying through a narrow canyon. We used to play it with a joystick, one of those really stiff ones. It was better just using a mouse lol.

uran10 said:
Platina said:

Correct series, wrong game

a Fire emblem game about a dragon, with a hidden mastermind.... and war.... I wonder which that could be :|. I mean there are so many but I'll just say its not the original game because shadow dragon sucks.... I haven't played fates so I can't say....... I don't feel like the mastermind was hidden in echoes..... hmm.... and it was pretty obvious in awakening...... jesus.... which game.... wait.

Fire Emblem the one with Lyn/ eliwood maybe?

FE 7 is way higher on my list :p

But it's not Shadow Dragon either

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

#46 Racing game on DS, based on a racing Disney movie.
#45 A racing spin-off of a popular franchise, it was the first game of the most popular spin-off franchise of all time.
#44 First game in one of my favorite franchises, the reason it's so low is because it was extremely outdated when I played it. The other 6/7 mainline games are a lot higher on my list.

Platina said:
uran10 said:

a Fire emblem game about a dragon, with a hidden mastermind.... and war.... I wonder which that could be :|. I mean there are so many but I'll just say its not the original game because shadow dragon sucks.... I haven't played fates so I can't say....... I don't feel like the mastermind was hidden in echoes..... hmm.... and it was pretty obvious in awakening...... jesus.... which game.... wait.

Fire Emblem the one with Lyn/ eliwood maybe?

FE 7 is way higher on my list :p

But it's not Shadow Dragon either

any extra hints?

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

Around the Network

48 Hint:This early PS2 game is the 5th game in a PS exclusive series. This entry is notably the highest praised game in the series. It is also the first game in the series to be rated M.
Hint 2: Featured various characters with different stats for each level.
Hint3: These characters are actually criminals, but they compete for the ultimate prize.

44: Hint: An RTS PC exclusive game that notably had hollywood actors in the cutscenes.
Hint 2: America actually gets invaded in this game as its WWIII. Many levels feature famous american cities to protect or destroy.

I made a mistake and my 47 from my last post is actually my 44.

47: Features Warring States Japan and many battles like Sekigahara. Also features 15 historical characters.

Ka-pi96 said:
Been getting a bit behind on this, so some new hints!

#47 Was recently re-released on a new console as a deluxe edition.

#46 Old fat Ronny is now playable, though new Ronny is the cover star.

#45 One of the more recent mainline entries in a long running franchise set to receive a new open-world entry in the near future.

#44 A popular platformer. Features a Polar Bear!

#47 is Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

#45 Monster Hunter Generations/4?

#44 Crash Bandicoot

Ka-pi96 said:

#46 Old fat Ronny is now playable, though new Ronny is the cover star.

I refuse to guess an Electronic Arts game.

Symbios63 said:
Ok, late to the party...

#46 : Great RPG released on two not so sucessful platforms...

Skies of Arcadia

Ka-pi96 said:
Farsala said:
47: Features Warring States Japan and many battles like Sekigahara. Also features 15 historical characters.

Samurai Warriors?

I've never actually played #1 but 15 characters seems real small :O

Yes.

It was tiny, but gameplay was stellar like DW3. Run into a bunch of musket men and you hate life because you know they have guns and can shoot you down.   The most disappointing unplayable character was the lack of the future shogun Ieyasu. But he was added in the 2nd.