By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rumour: A new C&C game is perhaps underway at EA, based on this german article

http://www.gamestar.de/artikel/command-conquer-moeglicher-hinweis-auf-neuen-teil-der-rts-reihe,3321962.html

It says that the year old gamedesigner Greg Black is back at EA. He just left Blizzard for EA and was previously part of designing C&C games.

Really hope there is some truth about a new C&C game.

Around the Network

Watch out for a mobile letdown. Like a C&C mobile strike game...... even SC2 is going free to play, so i doubt it would be much more than that or a mobile game.

I would love to be wrong. It was a fondly remembered series back in the day of Westwood Studios

Yeah... it's EA, i'm not keeping my hopes up. Even if it was, there's no guarantee it will be any good.

Actually, i wouldn't have made the move he did.

SC2 going F2P was just wings of liberty btw. The game that came out years ago and it's no doubt an effort to keep the game well populated.
But yeah... i dunno if Blizzard plans to make a SC3. For sure it won't happen anytime soon.

Well... fingers crossed for a Red Alert 4 without the heavily scripted missions and forced co-op.

RA1 and 2 are still my favorite ones in the series. RA3 looked great but was ruined by terrible design, just like C&C4.

Easy way to tell if true.

Imagine a new C&C game. Now imagine how EA could implement loot boxes into the game.

If you can't see an opportunity to exploit gamers with some sort of loot boxes, then the game is not being made.

It's going to be the new dungeon Keeper. Prepare to wait half a day to construct a tank .

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Around the Network
LiquorandGunFun said:

Watch out for a mobile letdown. Like a C&C mobile strike game...... even SC2 is going free to play, so i doubt it would be much more than that or a mobile game.

I would love to be wrong. It was a fondly remembered series back in the day of Westwood Studios

This. EA has not done a propper 4X game in years, I don't know if they even have the adequate people to do so.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Pay Tiberium Coins to speed up that Mammoth Tank!

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
Pay Tiberium Coins to speed up that Mammoth Tank!

First you must get really lucky to find that Tank in a loot box. And then it's single use, if you want another one, you have to find it again

Ever since EA killed off Westwood, C&C has never been the same, Sure EA LA did pretty well with Tiberium Wars, Generals, and IMO Red Alert 3, they're pretty much dead as well ever since they became DLC studio for DICE. If they did make another C&C game, it's going to be riddled with Microtransactions. Want to unlock this tank for singleplayer, gotta pay up $1.99.

I won't get my hopes up, until I see evidence of a good product.