By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 for Nintendo Switch worldwide shipments top 400,000

Damn.. Amazing Numbers! Now Bring Fighterz to Switch ;P

The Switch version of Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2, which launched on September 7 in Japan and September 22 in the Americas and Europe, shipped 300,000 copies worldwide by September 30, and has currently shipped over 400,000 copies, Bandai Namco said during its latest financial results briefing.

Last week, Bandai Namco announced that total shipments and digital sales for Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 across all platforms (PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC) had topped 3.3 million.

Source

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
Around the Network

No wonder they are so keen to support Switch.

What do the other systems have for this game on sales?

irstupid said:

VGC has XBO at just 310k, and PS4 at 1.2M, not sure about digital sales.

irstupid said:

Ps4 above a million, xbox one something around 300k.

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
Around the Network

And so this is retail only? Not digital?

I hope Bandai will not only put FighterZ on the Switch, but I also hope they put some bigger resources into putting Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth: Hacker's Memory, Code Vein and SAO: Fatal Bullet on the Switch. All of those would do decently well, especially Digimon, because it wouldn't have to compete with Pokemon just yet.

God Eater 3 is most likely already being developed with Switch in mind, so I'm not too worried about that game. Since it's biggest audience in Japan is on the Vita.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

Thats very nice.Would be nicer if they had fighters Z date and day on Switch.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

SpokenTruth said:
That might be one of the larger sales discrepancies, as a percentage, I've seen.

VGC - 30k
Bandai Namco - 400k

VGC - 30k as of 16th September.

Shipped - 300k as of 30th September.

It's almost certainly undertracked but VGC numbers are 2 weeks behind, without digital and prior to it launching outside of Japan.

Some estimates I read through ResetEra:
PS4 + XBO + PC + Switch = 3.3 million
PC = ~350k (from Steamspy)
Switch = 400k
So PS4 + XBO = + 2.5million
Switch above Steam numbers is huge. Might be close to XBO numbers.

I'll take DBFZ on Switch before Summer 2018, Namco.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988