By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Ever feel too lazy to play video games?

Ever feel to lazy to play video games?

Yes 87 91.58%

No 8 8.42%

Total:95

It happens to me with wide RPGs that I love, while OTOH I play obsessively-compulsively lower quality mobile games.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network

Maybe too lazy to finish certain games but not to play overall, I think if anything I'm too lazy to do anything else and play games too much.

Hmm, pie.

A lot of times actually. I stopped the Witness because I couldn't be bothered anymore. I don't like puzzles where they deliberately obfuscate information. And the reward wasn't there. I also put SMO on hold because I couldn't be bothered to find yet another 50 of the 200 million moons. It just became busywork that kept me from enjoying the game further. Finding one of ten trillion moons just isn't a reward, finding 20 of them isn't either. I remember the good old times when finding a Star in a 3D Mario game actually felt special because there was a limited number and not 73 quintillion.

Time sinks aren't inherently bad but the reward should be strong enough to make it worth it. So often times it's not busywork itself that discourages me, but the lack of reward.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Who the hell are you people? Have I phased into an alternate reality? This is the most depressing thread I've ever come into, and that includes "Hello, I'm actually a secret Nazi" threads. The lot of you make me feel better about my slacking off, falling behind in my backlog, ect. I think playing some Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth could save many of you, but some of you are probably fucked. Fucked for good. 

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."