By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How do you pronounce NES/SNES?

How do you pronounce NES/SNES?

As words 89 47.34%

As letters 99 52.66%

Total:188

When talking, I'll say Nintendo and Super Nintendo. When I read it, it does come out as "Ness" and "S Ness" in my head.

When talking about games to people in French, I often pronounce titles the wrong way just because that's the way everyone pronounces them and they'd look at me funny if I used the correct pronunciation.

Examples : Super Mario Bross
For Tomb Raider, I'll say Tomb pronounced like Bomb with a T.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network

Always as words, I presume this is the English way as everyone I know pronounces it that way and as letters in the American way. it kind of shocked me with with the NES and SNES mini arriving how people pronounce it as letters in their reviews.

Nintendo
Super Nintendo

TruckOSaurus said:
When talking, I'll say Nintendo and Super Nintendo. When I read it, it does come out as "Ness" and "S Ness" in my head.

When talking about games to people in French, I often pronounce titles the wrong way just because that's the way everyone pronounces them and they'd look at me funny if I used the correct pronunciation.

Examples : Super Mario Bross
For Tomb Raider, I'll say Tomb pronounced like Bomb with a T.

Yeah, I remember when I was in France, it was weird having to pronounce things the way they pronounce them there, instead of the English way that I'm used to.

As letters in English and as "el nintendo" or "el super" when speaking in Spanish.

Around the Network

SNES as sneeze, and NES as letters. Don't ask me why, I've just been doing it since I was seven or so.

As letters in English but as a word for NES in French and "la Super Nintendo" for the SNES.

NNID/PSN: Kung_Kjartan

In brazil we call the NES "nintendinho" or little nintendo,so i call him that.When i'm speaking english,i call N-E-S.Super nintendo is super nintendo,no abreviations.

As a word obviously since it's faster.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

letters

N E S

S N E S

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |