By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GTAIV Censored in Australia

didn't even think about it till a moment ago...should have changed it but nahh

i just feel that drunk driving is not something that should have been added, the EGM article i mentioned it earlier referred to it as a mini-game and that bugs me that it is being made into a game

Around the Network
rocketpig said:
I never advocated those labels, I merely stated that they were already in place.

Children and censorship are a tricky subject and not one I really care to tackle right now. This topic isn't about that, it's about adults being restricted.

But the point is, that in practise you can't censor something only from kids. It's only a question about priorities. Which is more important, let adults have their fun and "corrupt the kids" or let the kids have their fun and adults let go something secondary. I mean, if you like the game, you're propably going to like it anyway, despite something missing, but if you don't like the game, i doubt some in-game events are going to save it anyway. I hope you do realise, that we just can't do what every minority would like everyone to do?

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

Which is more important, let adults have their fun and "corrupt the kids" or let the kids have their fun and adults let go something secondary.

What's most important is to let the parents raise their children how they see fit.

This conversation shouldn't even be about children. It's about a game, sold only to adults, being restricted. Why does everyone keep bringing up the "But teh children!!!1" argument? Is it because, fundamentally, you realize that telling other adults what to do is wrong?

I have yet to see one person in this thread explain to me exactly who gets to make these choices and what makes their decision the correct one.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/