By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario Odyssey is an amazing game...but do not go for 100% [Spoilers]

The jump rope challenge is absurd. And the Volley Ball thing is absurder.

Around the Network
zygote said:
I don't know why developers are so afraid these days to put the biggest reward after all the work. It SHOULD be a struggle and challenge and more rewarding to get to that end prize. If someone doesn't want to work to get the big reward, then don't give them the big reward. The simplicity of games these days is really saddening.

What do you want for 100%? A new game starts playing?

OTBWY said:

I found the Volley Ball to be kind of easy actually. But jump rope is stuff from nightmares (took me like half an hour to finally get 100 jumps)

And even more ridiculous is seeing the world ranking on those challenges. 

Last edited by osed125 - on 05 November 2017

Nintendo and PC gamer

OTBWY said:

Yep. The 2 worst moons in the game imo.

KLXVER said:
OTBWY said:

The fuck were they thinking with those.

Around the Network
Volterra_90 said:
flashfire926 said:
a bit off-topic, but I have a quick question. Does the kingdom structure somewhat change or are new areas unlocked for postgame moons, or are the those postgame moons just put in existing areas of kingdoms youve already seen?

Most of them are put in existing areas of kingdoms you've already seen. Most of them. There're some surprises along the way.

Thanks for the info. I assumed that all the post game moons were put down in existing areas, but if there are a few surprises, I'll feel like I'll check it out

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

OTBWY said:
KLXVER said:

I have no idea.

OTBWY said:

Huh, I actually got both moons in Jump Rope on me first try. Volleyball becomes easier once you find out throwing your cap can hit the ball. The car racing one though, if there's a second moon there, I'm fucked! xD

KLXVER said:
OTBWY said:

I have no idea.

Skipped those for now. Gonna get my expert buddy to get those for me. I just can't anymore.

I almost think it is bad mental health for people who always feel they need to do very tedious/unwelcome and unrequited tasks in video games just because they are present in the game. Disappointment in the big waste of time for all the fruitless slavery seems natural. Replaying the game with a different approach, playing another game, or doing something social or productive would be a much better and more satisfying use of valuable time.

Does 100% on all these unnecessary grindy, repetitive, &/or mundane tasks not make players feel shame and depression?

Last edited by Jumpin - on 05 November 2017

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.