By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - So um... my Xbox controller has gone crazy.

Now I love the Xbox One, but the controllers are total shit in terms of quality! So I'm starting up the Xbox today, and I find out the controller doesn't turn on. I think the batteries are dead, so I replace the batteries. Doesn't work... oh shit.

I plug it in, power button isn't on, I know that the controller is on as the left stick still works. But whenever I move it just once, it causes the xbox on the dashboard to shift to the left or right 3 or 4 times depending on how I move it. None of the other buttons work, and I have no idea how the fuck this happened. Btw, the controller worked fine yesterday.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Around the Network

Yeah. I don't know how many XBO controllers I have now but three of them went crazy. And my grey one that I got with a grey Xbone S only connects like 60% of the time. I made a thread about it years ago. Something is really wrong with them. I actually managed to trade two in at GameStop for store credit. They took them from my hands and put them right into a bag.

Suckers!

d21lewis said:
Yeah. I don't know how many XBO controllers I have now but three of them went crazy. And my grey one that I got with a grey Xbone S only connects like 60% of the time. I made a thread about it years ago. Something is really wrong with them. I actually managed to trade two in at GameStop for store credit. They took them from my hands and put them right into a bag.

Suckers!

The guys at EB games actually test this shit sadly, so I won't be able to get away with that.

Sigh*

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Ha darn, I came in to tell you to adjust or switch the batteries, but you already tried that. That’s what worked for me when my controller went weird where everything worked except the A button.

Hiku said:

Any way to desync and re-sync the controller?

One time my PS4 controller wouldn't respond to my PS4, but that was because I had synced it to my PC earlier.
Doesn't sound like that's your problem, but resyncing it might still help if it can be done.

Nope.

And now the buttons work sometimes and not at all. The B button was able to work, but its still shaky. The home button works as I can hold it down and the menu appears to turn the controller off, but the A button is busted. The dashboard keeps moving erratically, and I think it has to do with the D-pad as after playing around for a while, it finally stopped going crazy. So the circutry within the controller must be busted, which means the controller will need to be replaced...

Around the Network

Try and use it via USB cable. My elite controller did the exact same thing what you're describing. I used it plugged in for one session was good to go. Whenever my Xbox or PS4 controllers act weird, I plug them in and it syncs right up.

The key is what I do is I take them to the garage and throw it on the cement floor as hard as i can. usually works after i glue it back together.

they truely are the best controllers in the world for feel and ergo...but the quality is bad. I replaced my left bumper as a huge titan fall player . you all know why. bumper jumper baby! anyways. Other then the cheap bumper buttons I never had issues. but i always wash my hands before use and i clean them regularly *the controllers* also, no food while playing. especially cheetos lol and mountain dewwwwwwwwwww

Thanks for the replies, but it seems like this thing is beyond what I can fix. Guess I'll be replacing my xbox controller for the 3rd time this holiday...

barneystinson69 said:

Thanks for the replies, but it seems like this thing is beyond what I can fix. Guess I'll be replacing my xbox controller for the 3rd time this holiday...

FYI the Elite/Pro controllers aren't much better in terms of quality. I heard the bumpers break easily for bumper jumpers and the rubber grips strech out and fall off after some time. I'm currently working on replacing the grips on mine.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo