By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Blizzcon shows off new WoW expansion: Battle for Azeroth

Blizzard has revealed their new WoW expansion, World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth.

Once again, the Alliance and Horde are at each other's throats, vying for new allies to their cause, as the two sides rage war once more in the battle for Azeroth.

Trailer:

Cinematic trailer:

The Alliance is headed for Kul'Teras, jaina proudmoore's homeland and once an island that was allied with the Alliance. Jaina now seeks to gain them to their side in their battle against the Horde.

The way this expansion will work so far for both factions, is that both of them will have their own island to claim and rally forced to their respective sides, as they prepare to lay seige to each other's island.

The expansion will not feature any new classes to play with, but it will feature a few new races (likely to play as), as well as being able to unlock new appearances for them. The level cap has also been increased to 120, and upon reaching that level, you will then be able to earn a special set of Heritage Armor.

There are also uncharted islands to visit and plunder, as well as PVE/PVP areas within those uncharted islands, to what takes your fancy.

The game will feature Warfronts, a new take on Warcraft's old RTS Heritage , where groups of 20 build up their forces and launch assaults on strategic locations. You will lead the charge along with your army (under your command), as you siege outpots and enemy commanders. Of course, there will still be the usual raids and quests to go through, with world quests making another return as well.

legion's legendary weapons will remain with the previous expansion, but that system will make a return with the new one, in the form of Azerite, where you can customize your armor with new traits and appearances.

Source of info: http://www.pcgamer.com/world-of-warcraft-battle-for-azeroth-takes-players-on-the-high-seas/

Also to make note, Blizzard has also announced "World of Warcraft: Classic", where they seek to bring back the vanilla WoW experience with servers of their own that restore the old experience, for players wanting to relive the vanilla WoW days (like myself).

I'm happy to finally see the return of Alliance vs Horde in it's purest form (not just a third faction getting in the way like the past few expansions). Though I ended up skipping on legion halfway through the expansion, I think I'll be giving the new one a shot, as I'm a fan of Pirate themed content (which shows in the game trailer) and of course, the lore itself, which I've been into since the vanilla days.

As for the Classic server option, I'm definitely looking forward to seeing how that will turn out, but I wasn't fond of how Blizzard was fobbing off fans who bought those old servers off them, or had their own, while trying to recreate the vanilla experience, and Blizzard didn't say anything about this idea of theirs until now.

Either way I'm looking forward to the new expansion and what's the become of Sylvanas and Anduin. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network

How long can WoW keep going. I'm not saying it should or tnat I want it to but I'm just curious. It's already 13 years old and still getting new expansions. However long it does last, it while be sad to see it go in the end.

SecondWar said:
How long can WoW keep going. I'm not saying it should or tnat I want it to but I'm just curious. It's already 13 years old and still getting new expansions. However long it does last, it while be sad to see it go in the end.

it's coming to a close. With Kil'jaeden now deceased, as well as Archimonde and Gul'Dan, there isn't really much for the player to go up against (Also Sargeras has now been sealed away for all eternity, thanks to the pantheon and Illidan's sacrifice). Though now we have the big bad of the general WoW unievrse to contend with, the Voidlords, which will see Anduin in the far future, leading an Army of the light into space against the Voidlords, in what could be a final battle for all life within the WoW universe. 

I too will be sad to see it end, since I grew up with the game, during my college years and to the current time. I've loved the lore of the World and it's going to be sad to see it coming to a complete end, though I feel that Blizzard might end up running with a spinoff, adventures of non popular folk within the World of Warcraft universe.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

And for the franchises that I really care:SC II free to play parts are heavily expanded and nothing really new for the franchise is announced, and zero announcements for Diablo *sigh*

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

I'm excited for the expansion, but apparently they will also be adding level scaling to the rest of the game like they did with Legion. This I am absolutely not a fan of.

Around the Network
CladInShadows said:
I'm excited for the expansion, but apparently they will also be adding level scaling to the rest of the game like they did with Legion. This I am absolutely not a fan of.

I kinda liked the level scaling, since it doesn't automatically make the other zones a complete waste. I disliked having 2 starting zones that served as your landing zones, then you had to choose a mid level zone, whith the other mid level zone being completely worthless because you out leveled it. 

Already a new expansion? Legion was the first expansion I didn't play a single second of.

SecondWar said:

I wish they'd do this on consoles. PSO 1 and 2 should have lived on alot longer than they did... and would have had they allowed them to.

I feel like the $12 per month subscription fee is too much. More and more games these days are offering 100 plus hour long experiences for $45 to $60 dollars. It's not like the mid 2000's when most games were done at the 40 hour mark.

Cerebralbore101 said:
I feel like the $12 per month subscription fee is too much. More and more games these days are offering 100 plus hour long experiences for $45 to $60 dollars. It's not like the mid 2000's when most games were done at the 40 hour mark.

You have Final Fantasy 14 charging for a sub and fofering all the same kind of features for folk to buy for their game (and more), yet both sides seem to be happy paying for them.

GW2 had the pay once, play forever type of deal and ofc they aren't doing as great as WoW or FF, same goes for Elder Scrolls Online, which has a pay once, play forever type deal 9though some of the good stuff is locked behind a paywall).

Besides, if you don't like to pay for a monthly sub, the game gives you the option to buy WoW tokens with in-game gold, effectively paying for your sub as you play the game, if you have enough WoW tokens, you can also sell those at the auction house for a good amount of in-game gold. 

I'm fine with paying the sub though, because I've been paying a sub for WoW since the Vanilla days and I also pay a sub for FF14. People pay all sorts of subs for things these days, from Netflix to Aamazon, to EA access, PS Now, PS+ etc.