By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Blizzcon shows off new WoW expansion: Battle for Azeroth

AlfredoTurkey said:
SecondWar said:
How long can WoW keep going. I'm not saying it should or tnat I want it to but I'm just curious. It's already 13 years old and still getting new expansions. However long it does last, it while be sad to see it go in the end.

I wish they'd do this on consoles. PSO 1 and 2 should have lived on alot longer than they did... and would have had they allowed them to.

I honestly don't see WoW working well with consoles, otherwise Blizzard would have done it years ago. That and the the vast majority of their audience for the game is on PC. It's not like WoW is also going to die and be solely kept alive by consoles. PSO died due to how the dev/pub handled it.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network
Chazore said:
Cerebralbore101 said:
I feel like the $12 per month subscription fee is too much. More and more games these days are offering 100 plus hour long experiences for $45 to $60 dollars. It's not like the mid 2000's when most games were done at the 40 hour mark.

You have Final Fantasy 14 charging for a sub and fofering all the same kind of features for folk to buy for their game (and more), yet both sides seem to be happy paying for them.

GW2 had the pay once, play forever type of deal and ofc they aren't doing as great as WoW or FF, same goes for Elder Scrolls Online, which has a pay once, play forever type deal 9though some of the good stuff is locked behind a paywall).

Besides, if you don't like to pay for a monthly sub, the game gives you the option to buy WoW tokens with in-game gold, effectively paying for your sub as you play the game, if you have enough WoW tokens, you can also sell those at the auction house for a good amount of in-game gold. 

I'm fine with paying the sub though, because I've been paying a sub for WoW since the Vanilla days and I also pay a sub for FF14. People pay all sorts of subs for things these days, from Netflix to Aamazon, to EA access, PS Now, PS+ etc.

How long would it take to get enough WoW tokens with in-game gold to pay for your sub fee? 

Well... i'd like to be excited but Azerite=Artifact power and i had enough of that s***.

I also doubt this "war" ends in anything of note bar a couple of ruined capital cities.

Cerebralbore101 said:
I feel like the $12 per month subscription fee is too much. More and more games these days are offering 100 plus hour long experiences for $45 to $60 dollars. It's not like the mid 2000's when most games were done at the 40 hour mark.

You mean 45-60 and a bunch of micro-transactions and loot boxes.

I'm fine with the sub and not being pestered to pony up constantly in-game.

Last edited by Nem - on 03 November 2017

Chazore said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

I wish they'd do this on consoles. PSO 1 and 2 should have lived on alot longer than they did... and would have had they allowed them to.

I honestly don't see WoW working well with consoles, otherwise Blizzard would have done it years ago. That and the the vast majority of their audience for the game is on PC. It's not like WoW is also going to die and be solely kept alive by consoles. PSO died due to how the dev/pub handled it.

PSO died because the devs had some decency to not milk their fanbase all the time and move on with new games. There is a PSO2 in Japan on PS4, Vita and the Switch soon.

WoW is pretty much dying

The fact they backpaddled on classic servers is proof of that, they try to hold on to every last subscriber they can, because they get 5$ every month for it, for essiantley offering an old game from the PS2 era to play online, andthe PC/Mac users are paying for it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuOYmqSF6OQ

WoW on consoles would offer them a higher userbase and bring in more people, espacially new people, just like any MMO did that was released on consoles. The fact that so many MMOs exist now on consoles is proof of that.

Cerebralbore101 said:

How long would it take to get enough WoW tokens with in-game gold to pay for your sub fee? 

A few hours of earning gold. It's not practically impossible to buy them.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

Around the Network
Ruler said:

PSO died because the devs had some decency to not milk their fanbase all the time and move on with new games. There is a PSO2 in Japan on PS4, Vita and the Switch soon.

WoW is pretty much dying

The fact they backpaddled on classic servers is proof of that, they try to hold on to every last subscriber they can, because they get 5$ every month for it, for essiantley offering an old game from the PS2 era to play online, andthe PC/Mac users are paying for it.

WoW on consoles would offer them a higher userbase and bring in more people, espacially new people, just like any MMO did that was released on consoles. The fact that so many MMOs exist now on consoles is proof of that.

WoW is pretty much not dying mate, but knowing you, you'd love to see WoW and rpetty much anything Blizzard related to die.

I'd ask that you simply refrain from jumping into every single Blizzard related thread and sullying it up with your hatred. You've done this time and time again with your own threads, you will not be doing it with mine. 

Actually no, they are pulling Classic servers up, because they wanted to handle it their own way. I can now see as to why they wanted to and I understand why they were closing down the other servers (servers that were not legit and were also making money off of Blizzard's IP which is illegal anyway and you know it).

They are bringing them back because people have been asking for them for years and now they are finally acting upon the cries for classic WoW to return.

ofc PC/mac users are paying to play the game, they've been paying to play the MMO for years, just like how they pay to play other MMO's online, WoW is not any different. There are people still playing GW2, a game that's dated by now and even ragnarok online, and that game is dated to hell, yet people still love playing it. 

No, WoW on consoles wouldn't offer them a higher player base, simply because you think that's where all the money is Ruler. You've shown a massive distaste for PC and you honestly think it's worth bubcus, but it's been more than worth it when it comes to the MMO genre.

Oh and new people, still join MMO's daily across the globe, not just on WoW, but on FFXIV and other MMO's out there as well. "any other MMO that was released on consoles", and how many would that be compared to the plethora that's on PC?.

Chazore said:
Ruler said:

WoW is pretty much dying

WoW is pretty much not dying mate, but knowing you, you'd love to see WoW and rpetty much anything Blizzard related to die.

I'd ask that you simply refrain from jumping into every single Blizzard related thread and sullying it up with your hatred. You've done this time and time again with your own threads, you will not be doing it with mine. 

Actually no, they are pulling Classic servers up, because they wanted to handle it their own way. I can now see as to why they wanted to and I understand why they were closing down the other servers (servers that were not legit and were also making money off of Blizzard's IP which is illegal anyway and you know it).

They are bringing them back because people have been asking for them for years and now they are finally acting upon the cries for classic WoW to return.

ofc PC/mac users are paying to play the game, they've been paying to play the MMO for years, just like how they pay to play other MMO's online, WoW is not any different. There are people still playing GW2, a game that's dated by now and even ragnarok online, and that game is dated to hell, yet people still love playing it. 

No, WoW on consoles wouldn't offer them a higher player base, simply because you think that's where all the money is Ruler. You've shown a massive distaste for PC and you honestly think it's worth bubcus, but it's been more than worth it when it comes to the MMO genre.

Oh and new people, still join MMO's daily across the globe, not just on WoW, but on FFXIV and other MMO's out there as well. "any other MMO that was released on consoles", and how many would that be compared to the plethora that's on PC?.

No i am not hater youre the one who claimed that WoW isnt dying, while i gave you legit numbers how WoW subscribtions are declining at a rapid rate. They arent brining classic servers because they wanted to, but because they needed to. How else you can explain how they were so arogant during this interview a year to now doing an 180°? Thats a strange transition dont you think? 

And as a side note, I dont want any game to die but i seriously fail to see how all this WoW money blizzard generated benifited me as a Warcraft RTS fan in all of these years? You cant even play WC3 anymore because the community simple moved on to W3arena, another unofficial server because the original bnet is infested with cheaters, lag etc. which didnt exist before WoW was around. Where is blizzards money there? Or the SC:Re bnet that is brocken now along with other issues that still arent fixed after 2 months. 

And yes brining WoW or any game over to consoles generates more payers and more money this a basic fact. The Xbox One and PS4 arent as much alien to a PC than a port over to Mac, its  a waste of money to not release it on consoles at this point, espacially since they could sell a boxed edition for 60$ again to people who are more than likely to have never played WoW before.

Plenty of MMOs exist on consoles, some still even supported for PS3 and not recent time ago on PS2 like FFXI. 

FFXIV, Skyforge, Elder Scrolls online, DC universe, Onigiri, PSO2, Dragon Quest X, Warframe, Black Desert to name a view, except the one from Blizzard because they beg to differ apprently. And then they wonder why their product isnt doing so hot?

Last edited by Ruler - on 04 November 2017

So basically like Mists of Pandera and on words minus the threat from Legion. The whole Horde vs Alliance is really being over played and we need more creativity and themes like what WotLK, BC, and even Cata gave us. This looks to be the most vanilla expansion yet.

I've rather enjoyed the last few expansions for a short while each. They can't recapture the feel and experience of those first couple of years following the game's release, but they've been putting effort into introducing new features with each expansion and if you have a few friends it's still quite fun to play.

Ruler said:

No i am not hater youre the one who claimed that WoW isnt dying, while i gave you legit numbers how WoW subscribtions are declining at a rapid rate. They arent brining classic servers because they wanted to, but because they needed to. How else you can explain how they were so arogant during this interview a year to now doing an 180°? Thats a strange transition dont you think? 

And as a side note, I dont want any game to die but i seriously fail to see how all this WoW money blizzard generated benifited me as a Warcraft RTS fan in all of these years? You cant even play WC3 anymore because the community simple moved on to W3arena, another unofficial server because the original bnet is infested with cheaters, lag etc. which didnt exist before WoW was around. Where is blizzards money there? Or the SC:Re bnet that is brocken now along with other issues that still arent fixed after 2 months. 

And yes brining WoW or any game over to consoles generates more payers and more money this a basic fact. The Xbox One and PS4 arent as much alien to a PC than a port over to Mac, its  a waste of money to not release it on consoles at this point, espacially since they could sell a boxed edition for 60$ again to people who are more than likely to have never played WoW before.

Plenty of MMOs exist on consoles, some still even supported for PS3 and not recent time ago on PS2 like FFXI. 

FFXIV, Skyforge, Elder Scrolls online, DC universe, Onigiri, PSO2, Dragon Quest X, Warframe, Black Desert to name a view, except the one from Blizzard because they beg to differ apprently. And then they wonder why their product isnt doing so hot?

Yes, yes you are. You've spent numours times creating threads with anti Blizzard news and even times where you would talk of Blizzard in a bad way whenever possible. Whether it was Starcraft Remastered ornow with Blizzard talking of bringing back vanilla WoW via classic servers.

You claimed WoW is dying, not me. You are the one saying "wow is rpetty much dying" and then turning it into something that can be saved by consoles, turning this very thread into a consoels vs PC one.

This thread is about a new expansion on the horizon, as well as a note of info about them wanting to bring Classic servers to the table. There are some MMO's on consoles, not a plethora like you'll find on PC, but I digress as this is not the subject of this thread.

Again, this thread is about the new expansion, not a console port or the game dying.