By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Xenoblade Chronicles Series Thread: Definitive Edition (All Spoilers in Tags)

NEW PLAYERS. COMPLETE COLONY 6. It's tedius as hell but well worth it.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network
Mar1217 said:
I got to Gaur Plains after 10 hours and ... Wow. At first, I didn't think it would be such a big place thinking it is only comprised of the lower level but I still haven't even explored half of that section yet.

Yeah reaching Gaur Plain is really one of those moments. The way you emerge from the canyon and see the plains and mountains spreading out before you with the Mechonis looming beyond the clouds, just amazing.

Getting the hang of the combat again. Also remembering why I loved using Melia so much. She can actually topple on her own. Whereas when playing as Shulk I need to rely on Reyn who for some reason is vehemently opposed to using wild down.

JWeinCom said:
Getting the hang of the combat again. Also remembering why I loved using Melia so much. She can actually topple on her own. Whereas when playing as Shulk I need to rely on Reyn who for some reason is vehemently opposed to using wild down.

Been reminded of that pretty quickly too. I think the cooldown is rather long. So either break the enemy right at the start, or wait for a good bit before trying it. Dunban can also topple on his own.

Shaunodon said:
JWeinCom said:

Been reminded of that pretty quickly too. I think the cooldown is rather long. So either break the enemy right at the start, or wait for a good bit before trying it. Dunban can also topple on his own.

Even when I break the enemy right at the start, he still won't do it.  And the cooldown is actually shorter than stream edge right now, so he should generally be good to go whenever I am, so long as he hasn't used it in between (which he never seems to do).

I think he just doesn't understand he should change targets, so I've been manually focussing the attack on my target before breaking.  But even then he'll sometimes just not do it. 

Around the Network

My copy won't be here til the 2nd unless riots break out again. I am both dreading and looking forward to rebuilding colony 6. It reminded me when you built the town on the island in SKies of Arcadia. BOTW had a similar quest. I hate the process of the quests but the reward is always more than worth it.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Wyrdness said:

XBX outside of the world has inferior character models, textures etc... that's the trade off for everything it did this becomes noticeable in New LA especially.

In a large scale, open-world RPG the experience of exploration (i.e. the world) is probably the most important element. XBX looks heads and tails better than XC2 and XBC:DE from a picture quality perspective. I have a harder time appreciating the work that was put in on these Switch titles, because I am constantly distracted by the muddy visuals. Keep in mind, I mainly game on a projector with a 120" viewing area, so the "doesn't looks so bad" argument doesn't go very far for me. 

XC2 is a beautifully crafted game, but it already needs a "remaster" -- aka visual/performance patch for Switch Pro. 

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

So... I figured out that in casual mode you can pretty much kill anything, regardless of level... So as soon as I got Shula, I just started grinding the high level enemies. Now I’m at level 90 and still haven’t left the leg...🤗

gergroy said:
So... I figured out that in casual mode you can pretty much kill anything, regardless of level... So as soon as I got Shula, I just started grinding the high level enemies. Now I’m at level 90 and still haven’t left the leg...🤗

You're gonna have to kill quite a lot of enemies to gain AP and SP, as the amount you get from enemies scales depending on your level compared to theirs.

Mar1217 said:
curl-6 said:

Yeah reaching Gaur Plain is really one of those moments. The way you emerge from the canyon and see the plains and mountains spreading out before you with the Mechonis looming beyond the clouds, just amazing.

If you look in the long distance outside of Colony 6 while on the path to the Ether Mine, you can also see Colony 9 at the bottom of the leg 😮

That's just so cool ! I love this kind of world consistency. Also a nice remember of how far you came.

Damn, played through the game twice and never caught that. I'm not surprised though, one of the game's greatest aspects is the world it creates.