By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Reggie on the lack of certain features for Switch, about 2018 plans after the holidays, more

forest-spirit said:
So we most likely won't get any VC news until next year. That's a bummer.

Well this year is just onother 2 months. :)

We will most likely have big Direct in January.

Around the Network
Miyamotoo said:
HyrulianScrolls said:
Would be awesome if both Yoshi and Kirby can hit Q1. One of them definitely needs to make that though or else we won't have anything from Nintendo in Q1 which would be very disappointing after how well they've done the first 9 months in preventing any kind of drought.

I dont see how if Yoshi or Kirby are not Q1 means we will not have anything from Nintendo in Q1.

What is announced that we will have? Are you expecting they will announce a game in January and have it ready to release by March? I guess MAYBE some deluxe version of a Wii U title, but even that would seem unlikely. 

where are the switch awards in club nintendo???

derpysquirtle64 said:
Ljink96 said:
I hope they don't screw up Virtual Console or put it behind an Nintendo Online paywall. Just make a robust virtual console like the SNES or NES Classic software. I can wait for Netflix, Youtube, etc. And I can't wait to see what Nintendo has in store for 2018. Should be a very interesting year for them.

Unfortunately it sounds like VC on Switch will be the service like Xbox Game Pass where you pay a monthly fee and get access to some certain games. I really hope though that it is not the case.

That would suck and it would backfire on them. I hope they have a regular VC and the Online VC with enhanced features as two separate services. 

HyrulianScrolls said:
Miyamotoo said:

I dont see how if Yoshi or Kirby are not Q1 means we will not have anything from Nintendo in Q1.

What is announced that we will have? Are you expecting they will announce a game in January and have it ready to release by March? I guess MAYBE some deluxe version of a Wii U title, but even that would seem unlikely. 

I definitely expecting Yoshi or Kirby in Q1, and yes its almost certain they will announce some game/s in January for Q1 (I mean they already done exactly that few times with Switch already), and Reggie basicly said that:

"Right now our focus is on this holiday, so we really haven’t talked about details of games coming next year, other than that we showed off a Yoshi experience; we showed off a Kirby experience. We’ll be talking about 2018 after the holiday season is over."

Around the Network
Nautilus said:
So this means that the next direct is indeed comming at January, outside of game specific directs.Well, I would have wanted to know whats comming January through March before the year ended, but Im fine with this as long as they advertize the hell out of XC 2

Here's hoping their January actually reveals more than just Jan-Mar games. It would be cool to have a big direct in January. Personally, it would already be great  if they just showed Pikmin 4, Fire Emblem, some of the new IPs they mentioned and gave release dates for Yoshi and Kirby.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Giving how when he was talking about Virtual Console he only mentioned the retro games that came with the paid online and didn't even hint at anything else I feel its likely that there won't be any proper Virtual Console and we will just have the games giving by the paid online.

Sounds like once Paid Online is unleashed. So to will VC be released...going by his...

"In terms of Virtual Console, we’ve said that with the launch of Nintendo Online and that service, that there will be executions on legacy content as part of that, and that’s something that’s going to launch next year. And so we’ll detail that at the appropriate time.

I doubt that the VC will only be available with Paid Online but maybe they will tie each other into one another somehow. Like release VC but a section of VC will be "Paid Online" restricted. Or how PS+ does it where the PS Store has a tab that shows all the deals with just the PS+ service.

I personally think the best way is to follow the PS+ path. Have a large amount of VC games available on launch, release 2 or 3 games a month for free to download as long as you are a sub with the Paid Online service, with some other select VC games being discounted. Out of all the PS+ games I've downloaded from the service for free, I played only a couple, but its nice to have that service.

Last edited by shoichi - on 01 November 2017

Flilix said:
I'm kinda worried about the Virtual Console. It seems like they may replace it by that online service, but it doubt it will really be a satisfactory replacement.

VC Loot boxes. You pay 6.99 for an NES box with 3 random games, 1 of which is guaranteed to be published by nintendo. (SNES=8.99 n64=10.99 Gamecube=18.99)

Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda!!!!

Flilix said:
I'm kinda worried about the Virtual Console. It seems like they may replace it by that online service, but it doubt it will really be a satisfactory replacement.

This. I want to OWN my VC games, not just have a random selcetion to rent each month. Especially since they are launching with NES and SNES only, for now.