By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. November bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

DroidKnight said:

#94 is the S not the X.

Thanks.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
SpokenTruth said:
Lawlight said:

It’s the same number from their financial report:

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2017/170427_6e.pdf

So that number is sold-in.

The game sold out along with the console. 

If retailers simply bought more copies of LoZ than they orders Switch consoles, why would Nintendo say, "That means that Nintendo sold more of this game [Breath of the Wild] for Nintendo Switch than it sold Nintendo Switch systems, for an attach rate of more than 100 percent,” Nintendo said. “This may be attributed to people who purchased both a limited edition of the game to collect and a second version to play.”

PR? But financial reports use shipped numbers. I want a source that says this is sold through.

Intrinsic said:
xl-klaudkil said:
I don't get it isnt ps4 already ahead of switch and Xbox for this month?!

No... we can't really know about the switch, but the XB1 is easier to measure.

say the XB1X had 300k preorders leading up to its launch and then sold 200k in November alone after its launch. That gives it a yearly rank of #52 with 500k sales. 

If the PS4 $199 sku ends up with a yearly rank of #50 and being on the market for only November, then it means it has sold at least more than 501k consoles. All of which goes to the November NPD because like the XB1X both consoles launched in November.

This!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Time for predictions, PS4 hits 65-70 rank on yearly chart after next update.

SweetTalia said:
It's amazing how it took a 199 ps4 to top xbox one x in the hourlies so far - X seems to be doing really well at 499. i wonder what happens when ps4 goes back to 299? would it fall below x? who knows.

I think that when January-February comes, the Xbox One will be falling behind the 3DS again in the NPD's like these previous months.

It was to be expected for the Xbox One X to do modest numbers, and it is silly to think that the X will be selling better than the S in the long run.

I wonder how many current Xbox One (OG and S) owners jumped the ship, and how many New customers joined the Xbox family? There must be a Poll somewhere...

Either way, when holidays ends and the PS4 goes back to the regular price the tendencies will go back to normal, with the PS4 and Switch battling for the Gold, specially because of the Amazing Line-up that the PS4 will have next year VS the hotness of the Switch and their share of Great Exclusives.

Around the Network
ThisGuyFooks said:
SweetTalia said:
It's amazing how it took a 199 ps4 to top xbox one x in the hourlies so far - X seems to be doing really well at 499. i wonder what happens when ps4 goes back to 299? would it fall below x? who knows.

I think that when January-February comes, the Xbox One will be falling behind the 3DS again in the NPD's like these previous months.

It was to be expected for the Xbox One X to do modest numbers, and it is silly to think that the X will be selling better than the S.

I wonder how many current Xbox One (OG and S) owners jumped the ship, and how many New customers joined the Xbox family? There must be a Poll somewhere...

Either way, when holidays ends and the PS4 goes back to the regular price the tendencies will go back to normal, with the PS4 and Switch battling for the Gold, specially because of the Amazing Line-up that the PS4 will have next year VS the hotness of the Switch and their share of Great Exclusives.

What do you mean "again"? Xb1 is over 3DS most months.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

flashfire926 said:
ThisGuyFooks said:

It was to be expected for the Xbox One X to do modest numbers, and it is silly to think that the X will be selling better than the S.

Pretty sure that's not true at least by VGC estimates. Might be true on U.S. amazon though

flashfire926 said:

The Xbox One finish behind the 3DS pretty often from what ive seen.

And even then, when the Xbox One is above the 3DS it finish pretty damn close from one another, like this week:

Weekly Hardware Chart 30th September 2017

PlatformN. AmericaEuropeJapanGlobal
66,766 144,996 23,087 302,690
76,581 46,881 73,845 222,359
45,175 45,172 74 106,286
41,274 36,407 20,745 104,854
118 2,522 3,752 7,420
259 347 70 737
101 274 68 573
211 152 N/A 444

Kerotan said:
Ps4 plus has that #1 spot on lockdown. It's amazing how they can charge $40 just to play online and people lap it up. So much easy revenue. Just shows you how attractive psn is to the consumers.

Make online multiplayer free again and watch how almost no one cares for PSN. 

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

ThisGuyFooks said:
flashfire926 said:

The Xbox One finish behind the 3DS pretty often from what ive seen.

And even then, when the Xbox One is above the 3DS it finish pretty damn close from one another, like this week:

Weekly Hardware Chart 30th September 2017

PlatformN. AmericaEuropeJapanGlobal
66,766 144,996 23,087 302,690
76,581 46,881 73,845 222,359
45,175 45,172 74 106,286
41,274 36,407 20,745 104,854
118 2,522 3,752 7,420
259 347 70 737
101 274 68 573
211 152 N/A 444

I'm talking about the US, which this thread is related to. Not worldwide.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.