By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Your opinion on Mario Odyssey?

Rate the game(or don't)

10/10 89 64.03%

9/10 25 17.99%

8/10 18 12.95%

7/10 2 1.44%

6/10 1 0.72%

5/10 1 0.72%

4/10 1 0.72%

3/10 0 0%

2/10 0 0%

1/10 2 1.44%

Total:139

Hello all you beautiful people.

So now that i've finished the game over 3 days ago, I'm wondering how opinions on simmering for other people? How do you feel about this game? I looked on GameFaqs forums and there seems to be a healthy amount of debate over whether or not the game is amazeballs. Some Youtubers like Joseph Anderson have said it's a 6/10 game, and not as good as Galaxy and 3D World.  In some corners of the internet it seems divisive, although I imagine that's not the case for the majority of the people.

Still, i'm interested in everyone's opinion and want to know what you think! How do you feel about this game?

Personally on my first run of the game I thought it was pretty good, heavily flawed but a very enjoyable experience. 

Around the Network

Im enjoying it so far. Its a little easy and havent met any memorable characters so far, like the pirate guy or Mumbo Jumbo in banjo kazooie

It's a really good game. I've played it mostly handheld mode.
Just think the camera sometimes has problems, other way - 10/10

Amazon is still refusing to deliver it so I'm still waiting. But I already know which scores it probably won't get from me. Stay tuned.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I'm in the wooded kingdom right now. So far, the game has been fun and challenging, but not really spectacular. I'd give it an 8/10, but my score can still change of course.

Around the Network

So hard for me to judge. On its own, it’s a fantastic game where all my problems are just minor nitpicks. However, when compared to the experience I had playing Mario 64 for the first time, it just can’t live up to that. Not sure it’s fair to compare them, seeing as Mario 64 was the game that really brought 3d platforming to the masses, but still.

I think a 9/10 is fair here. Great game, but not the mind-blowing behemoth required for a 10.

AngryLittleAlchemist said:

Personally on my first run of the game I thought it was pretty good, heavily flawed but a very enjoyable experience. 

I am curious what exactly do you think it's heavily flawed?

Too early to tell. Controls are great but Mario's movements feel sluggish at times. Music and visuals are amazing and the levels I've seen so far are really good. My main gripe thus far is that it's far too easy, but I'm still only about 30 moons in so much too early to tell. Especially the bosses are ridiculously simple to beat.

Miyamotoo said:

Various reasons that I won't get into right away. 

But what do you think of the game? 

Miyamotoo said:

Various reasons that I won't get into right away. 

But what do you think of the game? 

I am interested because nobody didnt mention that game has any bigger flaw, not to mention heavily flawed.

I still didn't play game.