By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Kimishima: Over 300 software publishers developing for Switch

Good news, indeed.
I want to see what From Software is cooking for Switch. I'd like to play Dark Souls on it.

Around the Network

This is the price we have to pay when Nintendo has a successful console.

HintHRO said:
Ljink96 said:
I wish they'd show Dragon Quest XI Switch already. I'm trying to see if I'll need the PS4 version or not.

In what possible way will the Switch version convince you to buy it over the PS4 version? It will look and run worse and more expensive due to cartridges. 

...it's portable? And this is Dragon Quest we're talking here. It's not a graphically intensive game by any means. At worst it'll look partially worse and run at 30fps which really doesn't matter in JRPGs. I'll sacrifice a few particle effects and texture resolution for portability. And last time I checked Switch had an online eshop that you can download games so...won't be getting physical. And I'm sure with compression and lower res textures they can make it fit on 32GB. Other western 3rd party companies are taking games that run over 100GB on PS4 and Xbone and condensing it down to 25GB on Switch, I'm sure Square Enix can take a 60GB game and compress it enough to fit on a 32GB card. Either that or make a mandatory download like every other PS4 game and install it on SD or system memory.

HintHRO said:
Ljink96 said:
I wish they'd show Dragon Quest XI Switch already. I'm trying to see if I'll need the PS4 version or not.

In what possible way will the Switch version convince you to buy it over the PS4 version? It will look and run worse and more expensive due to cartridges. 

You're expecting DQXI to be a 70$ game on the Switch? or do you expect it to be lesser than 60$ on the PS4?

It'll be the same price.