By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Great Indies you just played

ChaosReich said:
DonFerrari said:

Yep... I'm much more inclined to AAA and focus very little on Indie... but when PSN+ have some free or cheap and I check the trailer and like it I get it... have played quite some good indies this way, and expended very little... good thing also is that most are 2-4h experience so you don't burn out.

Dude, video game burnout has been hitting me hella hard this last year, even on good games. I got quickly bored of Fallout 4, Witcher 3, Uncharted, Dragon Age Inquisition, Diablo 3 etc. It fuckin sucks cause i really want to get lost in these games but find it really difficult to do so. I wonder if my mind just automatically becomes overwhelmed and feels foggy at the prospect of these massive games and maybe thats where indies come in for me

Uncharted I was able to play and platinum 1-3 on PS3 and PS4 and platted UC4 after the collection. But I do really like it. But those open world or long games that need over 20h to clear usually get me bored half-way through.

HZD I kinda loved even being open world, but Witcher 3 got me pissed at how slow it moves. Fallout and DAI I didn't even try because I know I would forfeit along it.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

Implosion on Switch is really fun. It's a Sci Fi isometric Action RPG.

Stardew valley is pretty great as well.

PSn - greencactaur
Nintendo Switch FC - SW - 5152 - 6393 - 5140 Please feel free to add me :)

greencactaur said:
Implosion on Switch is really fun. It's a Sci Fi isometric Action RPG.

Stardew valley is pretty great as well.

how many defintions/genre to a game =]

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

On my Wii U, Shovel Knight, just a great platformer

On my PC, Banished, including the Colonial Charter Mod which expands the game almost tenfold. Basically you have to build a town while providing to all your citizen's needs, especially food, tools clothing and firewood.

Also on my PC, Sunrider. A mix between Visual Novel and brutally difficult tactical combats even on easy difficulty. Btw, the game is free on Steam if you want to check it out yourself

Finally, again on PC, Hiveswap, a point&Click adventure in the Homestuck Universe. While not necessary, I highly recommend reading the Webcomic first (though that will take a long while to read through 7000 pages...)

Edit: Forgot to mention Shantae and the Pirate's Curse. Superb 2D Action game with equally superb music

Last edited by Bofferbrauer2 - on 31 October 2017

Sheltered: Seeing how long I can go for. Day 128 so far and counting.

Stardew Valley: Started a new file, since I haven't played the game in well over 10 months.

Party Hard: Working on extra stages and dev selected levels after having completed the main story.

Planet Coaster: Trying to redesign Disney's Epcot,

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network

I played Steamworld Dig last week. I wouldn't really call it a 'great' game, for it was short and repetitive, but it certainly was a lot of fun.

I watched the trailer for Conga King, and it's moronic but seems like funny new take on the snake games.

Recently Stardew Valley and Golf Story on Switch.

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)

Golf Story.
It's a great little earthbound-ish rpg mixed into a stellar golf game. Disk Golf is the only annoyance (until you get the hang of it that is....), but story, characters, gameplay and polish are great with this game.
The HD rumble is really nice too.

DonFerrari said:
Platina said:
Stardew Valley

Amazing game

A little more detail if possible?

It's bascially like a Harvest Moon game but further expanded upon with RPG elements

The thing that sets it apart is that you are truely free to do what you want. The issue I have with Story of Seasons is that everything is too slow at the beginning. My main issue with that game is that there are too many tutorials, making most of Spring a tutorial season. You can't sell items every day and you burn through your energy really fast. In Stardew, you get access to the mines on like Day 3 or 4, allowing you to collect minerals to upgrade your weapons right away. Mining is nice, as there are nodes with guaranteed minerals and your floor progress is saved every 5 floors.

The crafting system is a great addition, allowing you to make things whenever and wherever you want, provided you have the materials for them. You can also craft items that can help water your plants or scare away crows, making farming easier. Newer Story of Seasons games allow you to place buildings freely, but the amount of freedom is expanded upon in Stardew. There are goals to do in Stardew, giving you rewards when you complete them, and can further help in developing your farm.

Harvest Moon did take a step to making farming more complicated with having enough sun and enough water, but too much water can kill the plants. I prefer it being simple, but I find that Rune Factory really found the sweetspot with simplicity but having enough factors to make farming more in depth.

The combat isn't the best but it's a great addition by adding another element. Rune Factory's combat system is much more developed, with a variety of weapons and skills, having party members, taming monsters and level up.

Stardew is basically Rune Factory, but more Harvest Moon based :p

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]