By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How old were you when you got your first console?

How old were you back then?

5 or less 46 37.40%

6-10 52 42.28%

11-15 23 18.70%

16 or more 2 1.63%

Total:123

I was like 9 or 10 when I received an Atari 2600, then 11 when I received my NES.

Around the Network

I was around 5 when I got the FamiCom/NES.

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid

Shiken said:
I had something before the NES since as long as I can remember. No idea what it was...colecovision maybe? Had a wierd controller.

So since I was born I guess?

Same. First was a commodore 64. My dad had it. Ended up with an Atari 2600 not long after. Though, they were obsolete when we had them.

Did your first console look like this?

As for the first console I personally owned... It was a PS2.

5, ATARI 1st generation VCS, 1978!

Last edited by Barton - on 31 October 2017

#Gamer-4-Life

Rural Tex: http://www.ruraltex.org

Pong and Atari VCS(2600)..I was around 5..I've been gaming 40 years ..shout out to my old and original gamers 

Last edited by Jay70sgamer - on 30 October 2017

Around the Network

8. At Christmas. ColecoVision. Still have it, and the case we got for it that holds the console and about 30 games still has the A-Team stickers I put on it.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

ironmanDX said:
Shiken said:
I had something before the NES since as long as I can remember. No idea what it was...colecovision maybe? Had a wierd controller.

So since I was born I guess?

Same. First was a commodore 64. My dad had it. Ended up with an Atari 2600 not long after. Though, they were obsolete when we had them.

Did your first console look like this?

As for the first console I personally owned... It was a PS2.

Just looked it up.  It was def colecovision.  Not sure why we even had it, my dad hated games lol.  Eventually, I would have an NES that was pretty much mine and my sisters.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRSt2SO7F0w06snYvNcXqddmIAvSp7f9pmxl-1Ahee1mpZsi4Q

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Probably around 5-7 when I got a ps1, I had some pirate consoles before but I won't count those

I was eight, a used NES

About 5 or so. I got an N64 with Legend of Zelda: OOT. My first contact with video games was playing Nintendo games on my Dad's NES and SNES at 3 or 4. He had all the classics for the SNES. I've been playing video games since I could hold a controller. One of the happiest memories from my childhood.

Currently (Re-)Playing: Starcraft 2: Legacy of the Void Multiplayer, The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Currently Watching: The Shield, Stein's;Gate, Narcos