By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How old were you when you got your first console?

How old were you back then?

5 or less 46 37.40%

6-10 52 42.28%

11-15 23 18.70%

16 or more 2 1.63%

Total:123

4 years old. Atari 2600.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Around the Network

10. My best friend decided he didn't want his Super Nintendo anymore as he was playing his Gamecube exclusively, so he gave it to me. Pretty much only had Super Mario All-Stars for it. Got a Gamecube of my own soon after because I thought I'd lost a wire needed to make the SNES work (it turns out I had all the wires, just no instruction book, but the mistake led my parents to buy me a Gamecube, so it worked out).

I think I was about 5 when I got my N64

Early teens. Atari 2600

My first gaming system was the GameBoy in 89' I was 3. My older sister gave her NES and Atari 2600 when I was 5. The first console my parents bought for me though was SNES.

Around the Network

On my 13th birthday, I got an Xbox as a present.

Proud to be a Californian.

I was twelve when I got a Sega Megadrive/Genesis with Sonic. But I played on consoles and arcades long before that.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

As a small child I used to occasionally play on my aunt's NES and SNES and my mother still had a G7000 (Odyssey2) from her own childhood, but I got a first console of my own when I was 7, I guess. One of the presents my stepfather gave me to win me over; a GameBoy, with Super Mario Land, Tetris, Tennis and Alleyway. After that I got way more into games and played on my aunt's consoles way more often than before.

Had to be before I was 5 because I remember in Kindergarten that my class was singing happy birthday to me for my 5th birthday and I was playing my Genesis in nursery. So at least 3 years old.

I had a Mega Drive in my house since I was 3 or 4 but it wasn't mine it was my brother's.