By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Calling out for "Project Manager(s)"!!

Guys, we'd love your input!! If the community wills it, I'd be up to sharing the task with Ryuu (if he's also fine with it), and maybe 1 or 2 other people if they are:

1 - If they are willing to put in the work and effort
2 - If they are able to communicate with Ryuu and I in a group chat in a co-operative and helpful manner
3 - If the community is fine with it.

The more people that we get input in this thread from, the better!!

Unfortunately, Ryuu himself is sleeping, so he won't know about this or be able to give his input or decide whether he wants to do this until after he wakes up.

Last edited by VGPolyglot - on 28 October 2017

Around the Network

Tagging

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Just tell me where to send bug reports and feature requests. :)

Guys, you do know that project management (formal) is something that requires a LOT of work and a crapload of documentation to be produced and approved.

Business case has to be maintained and updated, product descriptions, project brief, lessons log, risk management strategy, communication strategy, etc, etc, etc.

It also requires a budget with set tolerances for the PM and definitely shouldn't be free :P

My advice in this specific case would be to appoint one of the admins to be this interim PM. This person should make a list of products that the team will focus on delivering (including descriptions of quality requirements for each product). An outline stage based plan for when roughly the deliveries should happen and spread these products throughout these stages. Think of easy to achieve products first and leave for the later stages the ones which depend on previous products.

Don't go around making a ton of meetings but delegate the entire communication to the PM. He should be the one calling when something is needed or something was achieved.

Good luck :)

TalonMan said:
setsunatenshi said:
Guys, you do know that project management (formal) is something that requires a LOT of work and a crapload of documentation to be produced and approved.

Business case has to be maintained and updated, product descriptions, project brief, lessons log, risk management strategy, communication strategy, etc, etc, etc.

It also requires a budget with set tolerances for the PM and definitely shouldn't be free :P

My advice in this specific case would be to appoint one of the admins to be this interim PM. This person should make a list of products that the team will focus on delivering (including descriptions of quality requirements for each product). An outline stage based plan for when roughly the deliveries should happen and spread these products throughout these stages. Think of easy to achieve products first and leave for the later stages the ones which depend on previous products.

Don't go around making a ton of meetings but delegate the entire communication to the PM. He should be the one calling when something is needed or something was achieved.

Good luck :)

Ah - ok, and while that is obviously VERY true in the "real world"...    ...we're talking about a website for video game sales. I'm just looking for somebody to help manage and organize the list of issues that currently exist on this website, make sure that they really ARE issues, and then help give them a priority.

Business case? Risk management??? Come on - you are taking this WAY too literal!!! This solely requires somebody that understands this website and the community here, and how to simply manage a spreadsheet. Please do not overthink over overcomplicate what I'm looking for here...   :(

this is what i do for a living in the "real world", that's why i take it literal :D hehe

but yeah, in a limited scope, having a list of issues to be addressed, organized by assessing the value/effort would be a good start, i agree with that

Around the Network

Ahhhhhh how its great to see VGC growing!It really is a nice feeling to see people care for this place!

Well, I do find the idea good.It would be nice to have a "spokesman", to facilitate the comunication between the simple folk and the nobles that manages our lives!I just wont enlist for two reasons: Ill be somewhat busy for the next 2 months, and I dont think Im as active as others(liky Ryuu and VGC) to be a good fit for this job.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Good luck to all applications :)

Bumpity bump bump.

Really great to see the site getting back on track! Thank you all for doing such amazing work!

Maybe you should change the job description as it doesn't sound like you are actually looking for a project manager. If you guys are into it, SCRUM is a really neat way to manage software projects. VGPolygot would make for a pretty good Scrum Master I think and you'd just need a product owner to do stuff like work prioritisation, compile tasks, check availability and assign tasks to people, product backlog, etc. Maybe an innovation manager so you know which feedback is good / viable and which way the site should develop. Of course, I have no idea how big your team is so I'm not really in the position to give out any kind of advice. Just think it's cool that you guys put so much work into this site, so shoutout to all of you!

Last edited by Louie - on 29 October 2017

So, I guess with this, would it work like this?:

Admins - TruckoSaurus, jlauro, TalonMan: deals with coding, site fixes

Sales - Machina, TrunksWD: Deals with the hardware, software adjustments

Mods - Miguel_Zorro, Axumblade, CGI-Quality, Bristow9091, Aura7541, Super_Boom, think-man, Carl2291, Zekkyou, RavenXtra, Ryuu96: deals with moderations, general forum rules

Writers - Torillian, TimmyWalnuts, CustardTrout, DonCarreras, SpaceLegends, Spemanig, Veknoid_Outcast, Wright, Slarvax, Darashiva, Xeon, Kresnik, SignalStar, BlackSaber: Deals with site articles

Project Managers - TBD: Manages the different groups, filters the ideas/suggestions and prioritizes them into a list, acts as the middle man between the forum members and admins

If I'm correct, that's how it'd work?