By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Dead Nintendo Franchises to Revive? (Round 2)

Which dead Nintendo franchise do you wanna see come back the most?

Star Tropics 19 10.33%

Punch-Out!! 15 8.15%

Chibi-Robo!! 5 2.72%

Golden Sun 51 27.72%

Panel de Pon/Puzzle League 3 1.63%

Wave Race 23 12.50%

Nintendogs 8 4.35%

WarioWare 11 5.98%

1080 10 5.43%

Kid Icarus 39 21.20%

Total:184

I don't know who actually owns the IP, but we need another Mischief Makers game.

Around the Network

Kid Icarus (after that sweet 3DS game, it's already past time for a new game)
Nintendogs (seriously, I want a new one, maybe for smartphones, not just in the Switch)
WarioWare (same that Nintendogs)
Punch-Out! (not now because of Arms, maybe in two years?)

SpokenTruth said:
Star Tropics.

Again.

Such underrated gem from the NES. Startropics could work very well as a modern adventure game. 

Still... I really miss Nintendo sports games, specially Wave Race and Excite Bike. Oh, 1080 Snowboarding too. 

Unquestionably Chibi-Robo! Followed by Warioware. Really hoping they aren't "dead" franchises!

CaptainExplosion said:
Peach_buggy said:
Unquestionably Chibi-Robo! Followed by Warioware. Really hoping they aren't "dead" franchises!

WarioWare probably is because of the failure of Game & Wario.

Well i hope not. I mean i quite enjoyed it but it was clearly a cheap, rushed attempt to cashgrab. Aside from the "mum" mingame it really was only warioware in name only. I hope Nintendo realise that poor attempt/execution=bad sales rather than the game buying public being disinterested with the franchise. We really need a warioware Switched! with the series going back to its roots.

Btw, again, excellent choices. Personally i'd genuinely like to see them all resurrected for the Switch!

Around the Network

From those I'd insta-buy a new Star Tropics and Punch Out!!

Signature goes here!

pokemon ranger and hopefully punch out

CaptainExplosion said:
Peach_buggy said:

Well i hope not. I mean i quite enjoyed it but it was clearly a cheap, rushed attempt to cashgrab. Aside from the "mum" mingame it really was only warioware in name only. I hope Nintendo realise that poor attempt/execution=bad sales rather than the game buying public being disinterested with the franchise. We really need a warioware Switched! with the series going back to its roots.

Btw, again, excellent choices. Personally i'd genuinely like to see them all resurrected for the Switch!

Wouldn't we all? ^^

When i was researching Nintendo franchises, as i'm sure you did before creating these threads, i found several that i'd never heard of but intrigued me. Puzzle league excepted i'd definitely love to try the rest for Switch. Positive there would be a few gems in there! I was genuinely surprised just how many franchises Nintendo has. It's literally approaching 50. They will never run out of franchises, that's for sure.

Btw, may i suggest the "Wii series"? Or did i miss it in the 1st thread?

CaptainExplosion said:
Peach_buggy said:
Btw, may i suggest the "Wii series"? Or did i miss it in the 1st thread?

No, and I don't think it'd be a good idea to revive the Wii series, since it was tied-in with the Wii and Wii U.

If done right it could do very well but i think Nintendo would have to rebrand it but at the same time keep people aware of its connection to the "wii sports phenomenon".