By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - SONY: E3 was only half the story

I'm not expecting much from PSX. Indies, PSVR, ports from other platforms, updates on European games (Detroit, WiLD, Dreams, Horizon Zero Dawn: The Frozen Wilds) and updates on some smaller games. I'm expecting that Sony will keep everything big for PSX.

Around the Network

curious to find how how this years conferences of e3, paris games week and psx will be ranked once they're all over. still believe that psx will end up on the first place but which one will end up 2nd and 3rd remains to be seen.

Excited cause after E3 you clearly knew Sony had more games to show but probably wasn't quite ready at that time.

Perhaps Sony planned it all along to make Paris Games Week their biggest show of the year.
They knew XB1X would be launching in November, and they plan to steal all the media attention from it by dropping some bombs a week before!

NawaiNey said:
Perhaps Sony planned it all along to make Paris Games Week their biggest show of the year.
They knew XB1X would be launching in November, and they plan to steal all the media attention from it by dropping some bombs a week before!

The question is, why wouldn't they? For me, it always made sense.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:
NawaiNey said:

The question is, why wouldn't they? For me, it always made sense.

If that was the case it sounds like sony was worried about the X?  Well I doubt it because Paris games week was planned a long time before and the X could have launched in October.

I will be watching the conference but don't know what to expect, just hope some announcements out of the blue and shadowdrops that I like.

konnichiwa said:

If that was the case it sounds like sony was worried about the X?  Well I doubt it because Paris games week was planned a long time before and the X could have launched in October.

I will be watching the conference but don't know what to expect, just hope some announcements out of the blue and shadowdrops that I like.

Like I keep saying, Sony have long term plans but there will always be a certain amount of flexiblity in those plans. 

The PS5 Exists. 

NawaiNey said:

I couldn't agree more. Sony knows the holidays are the most competitive, and the launch of a new system is the best chance for the competition to gain traction. I believe that is why we have Paris right before the XOX launch, and why PSX is schedualed right in the middle of the holiday sales rush each year. It is good simple stratagy.

Now what will they show? A bad ass move would be PS4 Slim to $199.99 and PS4 Pro to $299.99 starting immediately. With this being MS and Nin's biggest chance to gain any tracktion, this is the best time to deal a heavy blow. With just that they could steal the headlines, and the holiday regaurdless of the content shown. 

As for games, I think we have to see a huge update on Dreams, a release date for Detroit, and a final peak at Horizon Frozen Wilds. I would love to see a AAA VR title out of the new made for VR studio in Manchester. A AAA VR open world expereince like The Getaway from London would be incredible as well. I hope they also have something to announce about the first Gran Turismo Sport DLC as well.

Monday!!!

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

think-man said:
Playstation all stars 2 :P

One can only dream.

Azuren said:

Bandorr said:

And what would that roster be?

I'm not sure I can get behind a "Sony IP" only roster.

Then again if you look at smash bros they expanded their list to include stuff like cloud, bayonetta etc.

So if we were talking just Sony games - I could get behind it.

Nathan Drake (Uncharted)

Crash Bandicoot (Crash Bandicoot)

Jak & Daxter (Jak & Daxter)

Ratchet & Clank (Ratchet & Clank)

Sly Cooper (Sly Cooper)

Cole McGrath (inFAMOUS)

Delsin Rowe (inFAMOUS Second Son)

The Hunter (Bloodborne)

Spike (Ape Escape)

Sweet Tooth (Twisted Metal)

Kat (Gravity Rush)

Joel (The Last of Us)

Wander (Shadow of the Colossus)

Ico (Ico)

Toan (Dark Cloud)

Monica (Dark Chronicle)

PaRappa (PaRappa The Rapper)

Knack (Knack)

Valeria/Erica, The Spirit Vessel (Malicious)

Phantom Sorcerer (Soul Sacrifice)

Prisoner (Freedom Wars)

Kratos (God of War)

Ashley Winchester (Wild ARMs 2)

Vahn (Legend of Legaia)

Dart (Legend of Dragoon)

Sir Daniel Fortesque (MediEvil)

Spyro (Spyro the Dragon)

Helghast (Killzone)

Minamoto Yoshitsune (Genji)

Jaster Rogue (Rogue Galaxy)

Gabriel Logan (Syphon Filter)