By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Insomniac On Sunset Overdrive 2: "We Just Need To Find A Publisher!"

Insomniac is known for games like the "Ratchet & Clank" series and the shooter "Resistance" series. Currently.. Insomniac is hard at work with Sony&Marvel on the PlayStation 4 "Spider-Man" game, scheduled for the Year 2018. But what is with "Sunset Overdrive" ? Microsoft has no interest..

On Twitter, Insomniac's official account responded to a tweet pleading for a sequel to Sunset Overdrive with "We'd love to, we just need to find a publisher!" More ? Here: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2017/10/24/insomniac-on-sunset-overdrive-2-quot-we-just-need-to-find-a-publisher-quot.aspx

Your thoughts / opinion? What is the main reason for it ?

Around the Network

Maybe Valve could fund it.
I would love to see what Insomniac could do with near unlimited power.

Sony ... come on. Just tell them that they are willing to allow them to fully own the IP as long as they port the original over to the PS4.

The PS5 Exists. 

Can you imagine if Nintendo fund it like they did with Bayonetta?

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

GribbleGrunger said:
Sony ... come on. Just tell them that they are willing to allow them to fully own the IP as long as they port the original over to the 

Insomniac is at their best when they work exclusively with Sony. This game would’ve been far more successful as a PS4 exclusive. 

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:

Saw that yesterday. Kind of pisses me off that MS still hasn't funded a sequel after 3 years. Sure the first game wasn't a big seller, but that's partly because of the poor release window, they released it in a crowded Holiday when the install base was still pretty low. A sequel would almost certainly sell better, especially since the Games With Gold release allowed about 1m extra people to experience the first game, many of whom enjoyed it and would buy the sequel most likely. Just adjust the budget based on how well the first game sold so that the sequel will be profitable as long as it sell at least as many copies as the first game sold. 

I honestly don't know if Insomniac will ever find a publisher for SO2 now, they want to own the IP themselves and MS was the only publisher who would let Insomniac maintain ownership of the IP originally. If MS won't fund a sequel, I doubt any other publisher will either

If they can't turn it into a service, with microtransactions, they aren't interested. 

They should retool it with a Games As A Service format and pitch it again to Microsoft.

EDIT: Can we pretty much discard Microsoft? I liked the first one, i hope someone takes it and publish it for all consoles.

DialgaMarine said:
GribbleGrunger said:
Sony ... come on. Just tell them that they are willing to allow them to fully own the IP as long as they port the original over to the 

Insomniac is at their best when they work exclusively with Sony. This game would’ve been far more successful as a PS4 exclusive. 

You didn't like Sunset Overdrive?

irstupid said:
DialgaMarine said:

You didn't like Sunset Overdrive?

I think he is talking about sales