By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Any predictions on when the next Nintendo direct will be?

When will the next Nintendo Direct happen?

November 18 40.91%

December 4 9.09%

January 21 47.73%

Ferbruary 0 0%

March 1 2.27%

April 0 0%

May 0 0%

At E3! 0 0%

I will not make a prediction 0 0%

Total:44

So after seeing(more like reading a summary) it made me wonder when the next Nintendo Direct could be.  We have have no idea what is releasing in the 1st half of 2018. We know Yoshi,Kirby and Fire Emblem will release next year but no idea what Quarter of the year. 

I believe we will get on in January. They usually do biggish Directs in that month. February is the other obvious choice. 

What are your predictions on this? 

(Also where in the world is the Breath of the Wild DLC?) 

List of Directs https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nintendo_Direct_presentations

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Around the Network

I'm going to go with January after the Xenoblade 2 direct. Buuuut ... I could see them doing it late December to get buzz going after/before christmas.

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
I'm going to go with January after the Xenoblade 2 direct. Buuuut ... I could see them doing it late December to get buzz going after/before christmas.

Hadn't thinking that, could be a good play from Ninty for the Big Xenoblade 2.

Maybe we'll get a small one right before Xenoblade 2 comes out.

If not then, I don't expect a direct till January.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Last few years we usually has one in November right before Holiday season (normal or specific one), so I think we will have one in November with next one in January probably.

Around the Network

We will get another small one in November, to get all the information on games out.
Updates on
Steep
Rocket League release date
Payday 2 release date
Morphies Law and other Indie titles
Xenoblade info and promotion and etc

Then in January, probably the second week, we will get a huge direct. We will probably see Fire Emblem Switch too. So I am pretty excited for that. January directs don't normally let anyone down.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

We might get a small one in november, to close this year's lineup. Then, a big february/march Direct to get the first half of the year started.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Didn't we just get a Direct for the Animal Crossing mobile game a few hours ago?

Medisti said:
Didn't we just get a Direct for the Animal Crossing mobile game a few hours ago?

That doesn't mean anything. We got a Pokemon direct like what, 2 weeks before E3? And then they told us they were making a mainline title for the Switch at E3, instead of during the direct. 

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

November is an obvious choice. Nintendo Direct comes out on average every 1.5 - 2 months. Besides, Nintendo has to show NS buyers for the holidays that they will have something to play in 2018.

And in January we will see another Direct.