By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How Many Male Gamers Choose To Play As A Female [MALE ONLY POLL OBVIOUSLY]

How Many Male Gamers Choose To Play As A Female

Male 280 36.75%

Female 322 42.26%

Show me the results 160 21.00%

Total:762
Ka-pi96 said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:
If there's a character customization tool I make a character that's like me: male.

If there are several playable characters, I pick the one with stats/attributes that match my playstyle. Sometimes it's a male character, sometimes a female character.

If there's no choice in the matter then I go with the flow :)

What if it's a fantasy and/or sci-fi game with different species. Do you always go human so that it's a character like you? Or do you try some different things then?

Usually human. But it depends. I chose Dunmer in Morrowind, because I liked the benefits and abilities of that race most. 

The most important thing is a build that suits how I play. All things equal, I'll go with a character that resembles me.

Around the Network

If given the opportunity to choose a character or create my own, I always put great emphasis in roleplaying as my own gender to immerse myself into the experience. As such, I always choose or create male characters. I think I've only created a female character for an RPG once in my life.

Depends on which I find to be designed better and if the game allows me to make my character resemble me.
So with Splatoon I play as the girl because the guy is terribly designed but in Pokemon I usually play as the guy because both are fine but I can make the guy look like me.
In Souls games I switch it up because it makes no difference under all of that armour anyway.

I play as male 99% of the time.

PSn - greencactaur
Nintendo Switch FC - SW - 5152 - 6393 - 5140 Please feel free to add me :)

RolStoppable said:
Females are simply better.

We do start pretty much all the wars...

Around the Network
John2290 said:
I have only ever done so in my first play through of DA: I but that was because I liked the voice actors better and back in the day I used to troll people on IMVU for shits and giggles. Oh and Fallout 4, again because of voice actors but that one backfired on me (she ended up being horrible) I don't understand the mentality behind this, it may be okay in games that don't require you to identify with your character like F4 but in RP, mmo's or online games the identity factor with your in game avatar and the limiting aspects of your subconscious mind in differentiating between your identity and that of your avatar are just too much to ignore. Maybe if you are past a certain age, say 20+ or so and yo're identity is well established then yeah, I don't see the problem, it ain't for me personally as I like to keep reflect myself in my characters and my testosterone intact and pumping hard, for the pumping hard, however I do fear that young folk who play a lot of games, are fucking their minds and sexual identities by doing this at an earlier age and not now what effect it is having on their minds and future lives but with that said, I feel like an old man yelling about how the "kids are listening to devil music". So, idc. Not for me. Do what ya like.

Well then... thank you for that

I will go out of my way to buy a game I didn't want to buy if it has a playable female character.

Once, an issue of Game Informer ran a tiny fingernail sized pic of a game that featured a lady with a bow and arrow but under the game was the wrong title. Can't remember what the title was but the pic was from a game called Blades of Time or Hunted.

I bought that game despite there not being any indication that it had a playable female. I played that game to completion in hopes that, at some point, I'd be able to play as a female. Can't remember what it was, though. It wasn't until later when I was in GameStop and I bought the actual game from the pic (again, either Blades of Time or Hunted: The Demon's Forge) that I accepted that I bought the wrong game.

Some games I've purchased because you can create your own female. I look up the creation tools on YouTube and if I can make a sexy female, I buy the game. That's the reason why I never bought Dark Souls (or was it Demons Souls). The female character models were fugly.

A small sample of games I've purchased solely because they had a playable female character:

-Rising Zan Samurai Gunman

-Bulletwitch

-Red Ninja

-Beast Rider

-VelvetAssassin

-Assassins Creed Liberation

-Rumble Roses

-X Blades

-Vinetica

I could go on.

d21lewis said:

d21lewis said:

d21lewis said:

Was a triple post really necessary to tell us you basically went out of your way to ogle women in Rumble Roses?