By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Favorite Movies and Directors

okr said:
Charlie Chaplin, Billy Wilder, Ernst Lubitsch, Fritz Lang, George Cukor, Frank Capra, Michael Curtiz, Robert Wise, John Ford, Vincente Minelli, Stanley Donen, Arthur Penn, Alfred Hitchcock, Stanley Kubrick, Akira Kurosawa, François Truffaut, Jean-Pierre Melville, Sergio Leone.

Directors still alive: Woody Allen, Martin Scorsese, Francis Ford Coppola, Pedro Almodóvar, Hayao Miyazaki.

Honorable mention: Director/Producer John Lasseter for bringing back intelligent fun to US mainstream movies in 1995.

I won‘t list favorite movies, just thinking about compiling a list of movies I love and then pick favorites would take me a week and drive me mad.

I love you.

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
ChaosReich said:

Inception was done by Chris Nolan, same guy who did the Dark Knight trilogy and Memento and Interstellar and most recently Dunkirk

Yes,  had a few beers last night and drew a blank. 

I did not enjoy Dunkirk though. 

Dude, Dunkirk is such an odd one isnt it. I heard so much buzz on it and after seeing it, i was honestly confused on my own opinion of it. I think it was good for what it was considering he had a vision and seemingly accomplished it, as for a movie in general, id say i could go either way.

mZuzek said:
ChaosReich said:

Dude, Dunkirk is such an odd one isnt it. I heard so much buzz on it and after seeing it, i was honestly confused on my own opinion of it. I think it was good for what it was considering he had a vision and seemingly accomplished it, as for a movie in general, id say i could go either way.

I haven't seen Dunkirk as I'm not a Nolan fan, but really I've come to the conclusion this year that generally, you just can't trust people's opinions on movies (talking about overall consensus usually). Everyone seems to be absurdly biased to anything that's new (because of low expectations) or sequels/reboots that play super safe and stay very close to the originals (Force Awakens, ugh). That's the trend I've noticed - when a movie does something people don't expect, it automatically gets hate. But in the case of Dunkirk, since it's something new and people don't expect anything specific, they're going to love it regardless.

Interesting thought, could be. Why arent you a fan of Nolan, did you seriously not like the Dark Knight trilogy or Inception, thats crazy talk man, those movies, especially the Dark Knight, are pretty top tier imo