By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Exec Responds To Claims That Microsoft Has Too Few Exclusives In 2017

darkenergy said:

Do any of you guys realize that Shannon Loftis is a woman? The only person who notice this was Hudsoniscool, Jeez it's as if people can't think straight when all they care about is trying to bash MS.

Anyway I believe this year could've been better but it is for what it is.

Yes I had when I read the OP. But since all were saying "He" and I'm not an expert on names/gender I assumed the OP was wrong and didn't bothered since the gender is irrelevant in this discussion.

torok said:
AlfredoTurkey said:
Exclusives aren't as important as they use to be because (outside of Nintendo) the highest selling games are third party titles.

I would say that they are important even for Nintendo. Since they lost the 3rd party support that fuelled the NES and SNES, they had a lot of rough generations. Their road has been more bumpy than for Sony and MS. When Sony and MS screw up they still sell some respectable numbers, while it seems like Nintendo's screw ups cost them much more. Thirdy parties are really the blood of the industry.

I think exclusives matter to just influence you a bit. A X1 and a PS4 are quite similar consoles and the price is almost the same. In that situation, you will probably think "well, there are more games on PS4 that I can't play on the X1". Of course, a X1 priced lower would get a boost, but anyway it means that in a situation where price is simlar Sony would win by having exclusives.

Yep, exclusives and 3rd parties are important to the 3 companies to different degrees and their importance is also affected by other factors.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

Lol. They're completely delusional if they think that.

Ganoncrotch said:
pitzy272 said:

Right?? Just finally beat the game 2 days ago. I think I actually found the devil easier than King Dice. 

I've just been having zero luck with getting the dice rolls correct to get health back. Also the set of drinks boss you can get randomly is just painful to see its tells.

Really find it a shame that the counter move is hit and miss considering everything else in the game works fantastically.

Still though.... didn't need to shell out for an X1 to play it. The interview has more spin than the fidget spinner at minecon.

The dice is hard at first. You have to jump like a half second after the number you want shows up, so you get it the next time around as you're falling to the ground. I literally had to say the number out loud every time it came around to get into the rhythm, then I jumped. It took some serious concentration for me, but after a bit I think I nailed the exact number I wanted every time. 

Im assuming by the counter you mean the parry? I agree; sometimes it does seem a bit hit and miss, but the one thing I found that helps a lot is hitting the parry button way early. If you try to hit it right when you are on top of the pink parry object, it doesn't seem to work.

CGI-Quality said:
AlfredoTurkey said:
Exclusives aren't as important as they use to be because (outside of Nintendo) the highest selling games are third party titles.

Gran Turismo, The Last Of Us, and Uncharted definitely don't agree. In fact, this is why Nintendo and Sony platforms are valued so much around the world. People know they can turn to them for specific experiences.

Xbox needs to follow suit.

I think we can officially suspend GT for the foreseeable future.

torok said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

Im pretty sure that while standard PC usage is going down, the video game PC market is always increasing. I could be wrong of course. But your comment reads like its dire times for PC as a game platform, lol. 

And while ive not tried GOW myself, i think your wrong on this example. GOW should not take a GPU as expensive as the console. Maybe for the highest settings but it would probably run fine on a 600$ machine

The real reason you wouldnt want to play GOW on PC is player population because its an xbox centric franchise

Yes, the PC gaming market is growing even if the general market is shrinking, that's a trend we are seeing for a few years. I didn't mean it as saying that the PC market is decreasing, just saying that the amount of people with a regular PC is way higher than ones with gaming PCs. So, in the case of Cuphead, you can play it with zero investment on hardware, while something like Gear would demand some cash.

A X1 or PS4 right now is 250 bucks, with a game and controller. Probably even 200 in deals during the Holidays. That's still 3 times less than a 600 bucks PC that won't really max everything up. And also mind that you have options like the 500 dollar X1X that run games on good settings and 4K.

What I mean is: if you want to play GoW and doesn`t have a gaming PC, you have to either get one (600 bucks) or buy an Xbox (200). If you want to play Cuphead, you can use your laptop so the cost is zero. In that sense, it isn't motivating you to buy an X1, unless you don't have any kind of computer in your house (unlikely).

I think I saw somewhere that Cuphead has sold so far better on the PC than on Xbox.  This supports your argument.

Around the Network
darkenergy said:

Do any of you guys realize that Shannon Loftis is a woman? The only person who notice this was Hudsoniscool, Jeez it's as if people can't think straight when all they care about is trying to bash MS.

Does it make a single bit of difference in this whole thread the gender of the person being interviewed?

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Ganoncrotch said:
darkenergy said:

Does it make a single bit of difference in this whole thread the gender of the person being interviewed?

Yes, because women know nothing about gaming.

/sarcasm

darkenergy said:

Of all things to worry about... You're more concerned about people using the right pronoun than the arguments Shannon proposes?

darkenergy said:

I didn't bash MS btw. Also as others have pointed out, I got her gender right.

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

CGI-Quality said:

I believe he's saying that exclusives only matter if you're Nintendo (based on sales numbers).

It seems so. Anyway, we have a lot of exclusives on PS and XB that did 10M. A bunch even among the highest selling titles on the platform, so they seem to matter to a lot of people, like you said in your previous comment.

LivingMetal said:

I think I saw somewhere that Cuphead has sold so far better on the PC than on Xbox.  This supports your argument.

Yes, it really makes sense.