By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Positive Nintendo Fans vs. Negative Nintendo Fans - Dr. Tre slams ReviewTechUSA on taking credit for third party support

RolStoppable said:
LimaBean01 said:

I can't tell if you're joking with the first part or not...?

Austrians and xenophobia/racism go together like AAA third parties and shady money-grabbing schemes.

Omg there is so much going on in this single post

Around the Network

on one hand i respect that rol is making fun of that kind of sentiment but on the other hand its hard to tell what really is sarcasm, because there are people who would genuinely say things like that. so without the in depth context about role themselves, an outsider will likely see that post as serious. just my thoughts.

i do think it is obviously clear that he isn't racist though... he's literally making fun of the people that say racist things.

Wow I came here to make fun of Dr. Tre but this thread is about something else apparently

RolStoppable said:
CGI-Quality said:

A. This isn't the first time you've said something of this nature in recent times.

B. Even as a joke, it's in poor taste, so I wholeheartedly understand why people are bothered by it.

A. And between these two instances I was called "left wing" because I am against the Austrian burqa ban law.

B. It only comes across as poor taste if people don't understand the full scope. Satirical humor comes with the catch that it balances on the line of being offensive and highlighting actual problems. You can look at my post as being plain racist or you can look at it from the angle that many people are really like that, but would never admit it. I do understand why people are bothered by it, but it's worth thinking about what I post beyond the surface level.

Difference between making a political opinion and being called out on a joke which can be interpreted as poor taste. 

It doesn't make a difference if anyone (or everyone) thinks that way. Matter of fact is that some people thought it was poor taste, not that it was triggering them.

I don't get upset easily, but even then I wouldn't be fond of someone running around saying racial jokes. In a discussion such as this, there honestly wasn't much room for it to work without it seeming inappropriate for the situation.

Rich is just a bit too condescending for my taste. He is right with the sentiment that discouraging Nintendo with being too exclusionary did lead them to get more open with 3rd party developers. Just wish he had been less of a prick about it.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
COKTOE said:
This is my favorite thread of the day: A risque joke. Accusations of racism. A mod getting reported. Anyway, on topic: I'd go with the 2 new girls on the local Global news, as well as the Canadian Weather Network. Both are fucking amazing.

Mods are reported much more than you think. :p

Hm. You'd be right about that. I'm going to assume those reports are generally pretty high up on the frivolousness totem-pole. Was going to reply on your wall, but this thread is pretty far gone already. 

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

wait that's the same dr. tre from the ign boards in the mid/early 2000's?

Ljink96 said:
LimaBean01 said:

I can't tell if you're joking with the first part or not...?

I sure hope he is... 

Even if it was a joke it was pretty stupid.

can we change the name of this thread and move it to politics

Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda!!!!

Not at all where I thought this thread was going to end up...