By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Switch Will Be My Next System

Single Console Owners: Which Would you get next?

Xbox One X 20 6.35%

Nintendo Switch 217 68.89%

PlayStation Pro 37 11.75%

None 29 9.21%

Other (please specify) 12 3.81%

Total:315

I curently have PS4 and Wii U, and plan was to buy Switch this holiday season, but from several difrent reasons (less time for playing games and my current finances), I will buy Switch next year.

Around the Network

I'm not a single-format gamer, but currently use a New 3DS, Xbox One, PC, SNES Mini and Wii U (for Zelda/Xenoblade X) and Switch is definitely the next system I'm buying. I'll probably be selling the Xbox One before Christmas and buying a Switch at Easter. The only reason I'm not buying one soon is because I'm waiting for more hours on my current job so I can definitely afford one.

My backlog on PS4? FFXV, Persona 5, Arkham Knight, Uncharted 4 expansion, Fifa 18, Mad Max, Just Cause 3, MGS V, two Wolfenstein games and many others.
Switch gets all my free time, thouh.

CosmicSex said:
MarkkyStorm said:
As much as it's understandable that Switch is winning the pool, since it's the only console really "new" (new as in not just an update), I think it's wonderful to see how Nintendo turned things around from the Wii U era. Switch really is hot.

I really have to agree.  I'm just supprised more peopele  wanted to get one that didn't even have it yet.  Thats almost eveyrone.    I'm certain the Switch will beat both in November.  Secondly, I really kinda think PS4 will come in second, becuase there is simply more people around to upgrade. 

Yeah. As much as Microsoft seems to think that people will buy an XBOX just because it will be the most powerful console now, the truth is: the majority of people who will get the XONE X is people who are already Xbox fans and already have an Xbox One. Maybe Xbox could outsell PS4 in the US for the year, but just in the US. I don't believe that XONE X will outsell PS4 Pro.

MarkkyStorm said:
CosmicSex said:

I really have to agree.  I'm just supprised more peopele  wanted to get one that didn't even have it yet.  Thats almost eveyrone.    I'm certain the Switch will beat both in November.  Secondly, I really kinda think PS4 will come in second, becuase there is simply more people around to upgrade. 

Yeah. As much as Microsoft seems to think that people will buy an XBOX just because it will be the most powerful console now, the truth is: the majority of people who will get the XONE X is people who are already Xbox fans and already have an Xbox One. Maybe Xbox could outsell PS4 in the US for the year, but just in the US. I don't believe that XONE X will outsell PS4 Pro.

I don't think its possible for Xbox to outsell the PS4 for the year.  According to VGCharts the gap in the US as of the beginning of Septemebr is 766,780 units.  It will probably be 800k+ by November.  This would be a huge acheivement  on its own.  I think the Switch can pass it but not Xbox.  Thats just asking for too much because you have to add 800k on to whatever Sony sales in Nov and Dec.  Is it possible, yes.  Why don't I believe it?  Well, Microsoft keeps saying that the S will outsell the X.  This makes sense, but it has been a full year since the S has been able to outsell the PS4. So, its safe to assume that it still wont outsell the PS4.  And surely not by 800k.

Around the Network
CosmicSex said:
MarkkyStorm said:

I don't think its possible for Xbox to outsell the PS4 for the year.  According to VGCharts the gap in the US as of the beginning of Septemebr is 766,780 units.  It will probably be 800k+ by November.  This would be a huge acheivement  on its own.  I think the Switch can pass it but not Xbox.  Thats just asking for too much because you have to add 800k on to whatever Sony sales in Nov and Dec.  Is it possible, yes.  Why don't I believe it?  Well, Microsoft keeps saying that the S will outsell the X.  This makes sense, but it has been a full year since the S has been able to outsell the PS4. So, its safe to assume that it still wont outsell the PS4.  And surely not by 800k.

Yeah, I think you're right. It's kind of sad that Microsoft can't be competitive anymore even in the US (it's all their fault, though).