By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - WHEN did FPS become important!!

Ever since i first played one in 60fps. I believe it was on the PS1. The game was so smooth that i knew that was the best way to enjoy playing games.

Around the Network
Nem said:
Ever since i first played one in 60fps. I believe it was on the PS1. The game was so smooth that i knew that was the best way to enjoy playing games.

That.

60 fps became important to me once I experience better. Going back to 30 just doesn't feel good. Some retro games feel unplayable without the enhancements an emulator can deliver.

4 ≈ One

It was always important, people were just a lot more tolerant about it back when gaming was at its infancy, but standards have gotten higher, and as we get older, we have much higher expectations from the medium of entertainment that we're supposed to enjoy.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

I don't know if I've ever seen a more ridiculous post. You ask a question, preface it by saying that you understand FPS is really important, ridicule people who care about FPS, and then end it all with "just asking". Are you fucking serious mate? You clearly aren't "just asking" anything. If you wanted to put your shitty opinion out there about FPS and why you hate people that care about FPS, go for it. But don't disguise it as some question that you actually don't give a shit about the answer to. How is a post like this not removed for baiting?

Warned ~ CGI

I bet the Wii U would sell more than 15M LTD by the end of 2015. He bet it would sell less. I lost.