By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Is it time to worry about Austria again?

Who should I vote?

ÖVP 16 12.40%

SPÖ 13 10.08%

FPÖ 39 30.23%

Grüne 16 12.40%

NEOS 3 2.33%

Other 4 3.10%

Don't vote 13 10.08%

Scoreboard 25 19.38%

Total:129
Eagle367 said:

I am no liberal I am just pointing the hypocrisy out. The reason westerners have the worst identify crisis among all of us is because they like to think they are superior in every way and form from the rest of the world. But now that they have to deal with that instead of just conquering them they are having problems with their identity. If you are comfortable in your own skin you wouldn't care about being superior. But whatever the reason may be I don't think a ban on burqa is going to help anyone and it will just hurt those that choose to wear it. I know the difference between hijab and burqa and it's more a cultural thing than a religious thing but it's not helping just like the reverse ban doesn't help anyone in KSA. Just keep in mind the people you criticize the most you are becoming them and this ban is just the start and is a symptom of a larger disease than a singular problem

It's not about being superior, it's about protecting our culture. We want people who move here to adapt to our culture, which include learning the language, meeting people face to face, shake hands with the opposite gender, not force religious dogmas on your children and more. If we don't expect this from people moving to western countries, we get the parallel societies we have, which is basicly the foundation for terrorism, gang wars and the economical burden the middle eastern immigration has caused.

Eagle367 said:
Vinther1991 said:

Both a burqa ban and the lack of a burqa ban will lead to some restriction on freedom. So, yes I don't deny that a burqa ban is not freedom, I just don't think the alternative is any better.

It is very easy to call something you disagree with racist and demonize an opinion in that way. You have to explain how a burqa ban is racist and who it is racist against. I don't think wearing a burqa is connected to a specific race, perhaps you disagree with that?

I do actually a burqa is more about culture a hijab without the mask is religious just like a nun basically. And the middle Eastern countries have that more so places like Pakistan only have it in really rural regions and I don't think there is that much in Malaysia Indonesia turkey etc I could be wrong. It is more cultural than religious though

It is the imams in those countries who read the quran like satan would read the bible. They just use the quran to enforce their own view point. The quran put similar regulations on how men should be dressed as it does on how women should be dressed, yet you never see men wearing burqas. The women in western countries who wear it out of free will just does a disservice to themselves and the women who are forced to wear them. 

Last edited by Vinther1991 - on 07 November 2017

Around the Network
Vinther1991 said:
Eagle367 said:

I am no liberal I am just pointing the hypocrisy out. The reason westerners have the worst identify crisis among all of us is because they like to think they are superior in every way and form from the rest of the world. But now that they have to deal with that instead of just conquering them they are having problems with their identity. If you are comfortable in your own skin you wouldn't care about being superior. But whatever the reason may be I don't think a ban on burqa is going to help anyone and it will just hurt those that choose to wear it. I know the difference between hijab and burqa and it's more a cultural thing than a religious thing but it's not helping just like the reverse ban doesn't help anyone in KSA. Just keep in mind the people you criticize the most you are becoming them and this ban is just the start and is a symptom of a larger disease than a singular problem

It's not about being superior, it's about protecting our culture. We want people who move here to adapt to our culture, which include learning the language, meeting people face to face, shake hands with the opposite gender, not force religious dogmas on your children and more. If we don't expect this from people moving to western countries, we get the parallel societies we have, which is basicly the foundation for terrorism, gang wars and the economical burden the middle eastern immigration has caused.

Eagle367 said:

I do actually a burqa is more about culture a hijab without the mask is religious just like a nun basically. And the middle Eastern countries have that more so places like Pakistan only have it in really rural regions and I don't think there is that much in Malaysia Indonesia turkey etc I could be wrong. It is more cultural than religious though

It is the imams in those countries who read the quran like satan would read the bible. They just use the quran to enforce their own view point. The quran put similar regulations on how men should be dressed as it does on how women should be dressed, yet you never see men wearing burqas. The women in western countries who wear it out of free will just does a disservice to themselves and the women who are forced to wear them. 

I agree the mullahs are not actual scholars and are forcing the wrong ideas and ignorant dogmas and calling them Islam when they are clearly not. The hijab for men is to cover all the private regions from the naval down to the knees and also to lower their gaze and respect women and not look at them sexually and you are right we don't do that although I would argue the hjiab for men is much more difficult to follow rather than if we were told to just cover our entire bodies. Of course that side of Islam will never be heard from from these ignorant mullahs or the west who think only women are forced to have any responsibility in Islam and are oppressed. Did you know it is a man's job to provide for the family and kids in Islam as in zero financial responsibility or liability for the woman. Whatever she earns according to Islam is her alone to spend on whatever she desires she can contribute nothing if she likes. But the man has to do it for the kids for the wife for his parents. The man also has to take care of his own parents the woman is not required to marry the family. Anything she does is out of her own kindness. Also her only responsibility is to raise the kids morally but that is also the man's responsibility and other than that be a good wife. She only has to look at that while the man has to look everywhere. The respect given to a mother is also so high it's incomparable to any other type of relationship. The way Islam describes God's love for his creation is like that of a mothers love magnified by an incomparable number. The things happening with all Muslim countries is not Islam it's just a shadow of itself. Its name is being dragged through the mud by these fake scholars even if you forget the terrorists who use it. 

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

Whichever party is more Right, I'd vote that. Especially given Europe's huge migrant issues.

Clean your countries people. They're for your children, not for invaders who don't care about your culture.

Eagle367 said:

I agree the mullahs are not actual scholars and are forcing the wrong ideas and ignorant dogmas and calling them Islam when they are clearly not. The hijab for men is to cover all the private regions from the naval down to the knees and also to lower their gaze and respect women and not look at them sexually and you are right we don't do that although I would argue the hjiab for men is much more difficult to follow rather than if we were told to just cover our entire bodies. Of course that side of Islam will never be heard from from these ignorant mullahs or the west who think only women are forced to have any responsibility in Islam and are oppressed. Did you know it is a man's job to provide for the family and kids in Islam as in zero financial responsibility or liability for the woman. Whatever she earns according to Islam is her alone to spend on whatever she desires she can contribute nothing if she likes. But the man has to do it for the kids for the wife for his parents. The man also has to take care of his own parents the woman is not required to marry the family. Anything she does is out of her own kindness. Also her only responsibility is to raise the kids morally but that is also the man's responsibility and other than that be a good wife. She only has to look at that while the man has to look everywhere. The respect given to a mother is also so high it's incomparable to any other type of relationship. The way Islam describes God's love for his creation is like that of a mothers love magnified by an incomparable number. The things happening with all Muslim countries is not Islam it's just a shadow of itself. Its name is being dragged through the mud by these fake scholars even if you forget the terrorists who use it. 

I generally agree. But I will say Islam is part of the problem, as is religion in general. I am fine with religion as long as people have it as a private thing and don't use it for justifying politics or enforce it upon their family and society. That is one of the reasons I don't like the Burqa nor the Hijab really (not that I want the Hijab illegalised), I don't think people should show off their religion all of the time. Religion should be an internal thing, because that is what it is, a belief, an interpretation of the world, it's not a book that tells how all people should live and think.