By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - First Super Mario Odyssey Review in! (EDGE)

Peh said:
Waiting for Jim Sterlings 7/10 review and the nuclear holocost towards him.

Yup. Absolutely inevitable. There's no chance he won't grab such an easy opportunity.

Around the Network
PEEPer0nni said:
Shaunodon said:

Are you saying that giving Hello Games complete freedom and all the time they needed didn't make No Man's Sky a masterpiece?

You're clearly not interested in God of War and didn't read or watch any developer interviews.

And you clearly have not paid attention to many other games/movies/books/albums/ect where some artist talks about how they are going all personal or much more freedom, or ect. to make their dream something.

Most times it ends up being some garbage wreck of a project that just shows the creater as somebody sitting on a soap box preaching something or trying to get some oscar bait.

Thus I never give a shit about someone saying stuff like your post earlier you linked. In games you have things liek No Man's Sky, Fable, Destiny 1, ect where the creaters were supposed to be doing something incredible that all of their passions were poured into and the end result is a lie.

So I'm a man of results and not words. When God of Whatever comes out, then youc an tell me if his passion and freedom were all there. Until then its just PR nonsense.

GoOnKid said:
Peh said:

Yup. Absolutely inevitable. There's no chance he won't grab such an easy opportunity.

After BotW I literally just unsubbed and stopped clicking on anything to do with Jim. It was quite clear what type of person he was after that, at least to me.

PEEPer0nni said:
Shaunodon said:

Are you saying that giving Hello Games complete freedom and all the time they needed didn't make No Man's Sky a masterpiece?

You're clearly not interested in God of War and didn't read or watch any developer interviews.

I have played God of War I, II and III and loved all of them - the Shadow of the Colossus-style boss fights (especially Cronos) were epic in the third entry. Truth is, in fact, it's one of my favorite game series.

Though you stated accurately that I didn't watch any developer interviews. I've followed the new entry a lot though and watched gameplay videos.

I do not doubt that GoW 2018 could score a 95. But we cannot take into account the words of a developer for how-well the game will be received. The creators of Yooka-Laylee thought they were ushering a new era of 3D platforming collectothons and look how it turned out.

GoOnKid said:
Peh said:

Then the thousands of people who will blindly support his reasons for his outlyer score, especially those who will have not played said game.

I won't be surprised if he has an outlier score for Odyssey to get clicks, attention, whatever. He did if for BOTW.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
GoOnKid said:

If he really handed out a 7/10, it would be a huge uproar after a 10/10 for Fire Emblem Warriors.

Oops, good point. Maybe he is objetive after all? Hmm...

Goodnightmoon said:
killeryoshis said:

I keep forgetting that game exists. Maybe it is because of how forgotable I find it.  Also 3D land isn't as well.  

But I loved that game :(

Oddissey looks better though :P

A game can be good and forgetable. So it is not like you are wrong about it

Also I think everyone and everything can agree with the last statement. 

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Shaunodon said:
GoOnKid said:

After BotW I literally just unsubbed and stopped clicking on anything to do with Jim. It was quite clear what type of person he was after that, at least to me.

Good. Stop listening to sensationalists.

irstupid said:
GoOnKid said:

Then the thousands of people who will blindly support his reasons for his outlyer score, especially those who will have not played said game.

I won't be surprised if he has an outlier score for Odyssey to get clicks, attention, whatever. He did if for BOTW.

Yup. Also inevitable.

STARLEZZ said:

Implying Spiderman will be great when it is not anything special for what we have seen until now

And God of Us may be great...

Yeah ... 

God of War 4 and Spiderman don't look good so far, really surprised how many people think they do.

I should order more Edge. I really like their design.

Edit: Also great score for Odyssey of course! XD The game looks amazing and was bound to get great scores.