By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Star Ocean: The Last Hope 4K Full HD Remaster announced for PS4/PC

Oh god, it's on PC. I hope it has loot boxes.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

Dunno if I'll get it. I found this entry to be pretty average.

And this thread was not created by StarOcean... I am disappointed.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

fuallmofus said:
REMASTER??? lol looks same as on my ps3.

Game will feature almost 10x more detail on screen when going from 720p > 4k you're talking about 900k pixels up to over 8million on screen.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Game doesn't seem to have overhauled visuals... Looks like it's just a resolution bump which is about 5 seconds of effort to edit a configuration file and resell it as something "new".

Same quirky animations persist, low quality texturing still persists... They conveniently left out any of the voice dialog... I could go on.
It's not remastered in the same veign as: StarCraft: Remastered or Halo Anniversary. Those are real remasters, this is more like a re-release with a couple of patches.

I'll buy it when it's on sale and thus will cost me almost next to nothing.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network

I really keep wanting to get into JRPGs ... something about hearing about them is just so awesome ...

But ... there's never been a convenient game for it this gen ...

I might just pick this up!

I remember falling asleep with this one. Probably one of the most boring JRPGs I've played in decades.

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
I really keep wanting to get into JRPGs ... something about hearing about them is just so awesome ...

You cannot get much more convenient than on the Switch.

caffeinade said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

You cannot get much more convenient than on the Switch.

I will get that, but it looks bad so far 

Kinda weird if this doesn’t come to xb1. It debuted as a timed exclusive on 360 many years ago.