By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Today is World Mental Health Day!!

Hey guys, I just discovered that today is World Mental Health Day. I think that this is a very important topic to discuss, as everybody here either suffers from mental health problems, or knows somebody that does. I myself have had issues with anxiety and depression, including these past few days (which is why I haven't updated my official threads), so I was hoping to spread the word about this date!! I know that it specifically focuses on the workplace, and while that is a huge factor on mental health, I think that it's also useful to think about it outside on the workplace, including in the forums. We have a wide array of people here, with varying degress personalities, so it's very useful to become more aware and understanding of these things in order to foster a happier, more positive community here!

Around the Network

Does anybody in the real world care though? Seems like this thing only matters when a Chester Bennington or Chris Cornell dies, and even then it only lasts like a week and a half ...

Anyways, happy World Mental Health Day! I hope you all have a great day and great mental health

It's funny, I was supposed to go to therapy today but I did it on monday instead. One day off World Mental Health Day!

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Does anybody in the real world care though? Seems like this thing only matters when a Chester Bennington or Chris Cornell dies, and even then it only lasts like a week and a half ...

Anyways, happy World Mental Health Day! I hope you all have a great day and great mental health

It's funny, I was supposed to go to therapy today but I did it on monday instead. One day off World Mental Health Day!

I was planning on restarting therapy myself, but I waited a while for a response, and by the time they did respond I chickened out again.

VGPolyglot said:

I was planning on restarting therapy myself, but I waited a while for a response, and by the time they did respond I chickened out again.

I can't say it helps at all for me personally. I only do it because it's mandatory! 

VGPolyglot said:

I can't say it helps at all for me personally. I only do it because it's mandatory! 

Mandatory? I've gone to therapy numerous times throughout my life, not sure if it helped or not.

Around the Network
VGPolyglot said:

Mandatory? I've gone to therapy numerous times throughout my life, not sure if it helped or not.

Yes. I have to go Not by choice.  

Maybe figure out if it's good for you or not! 

VGPolyglot said:

Well, I've already started and stopped around 4 times. I did go earlier this year, but then I missed a session by accident and was scared to go back. I then e-mailed them when I was dangerously close to having a mental breakdown, but it took a while for them to respond. So, I did see my doctor and I ended up getting prescribed duloxetine, which I continue to take, but I never ended up going back to therapy.

VGPolyglot said:

Well, I've already started and stopped around 4 times. I did go earlier this year, but then I missed a session by accident and was scared to go back. I then e-mailed them when I was dangerously close to having a mental breakdown, but it took a while for them to respond. So, I did see my doctor and I ended up getting prescribed duloxetine, which I continue to take, but I never ended up going back to therapy.

That makes sense. My experience with therapy is that therapists and therapeutic companies are not reliable! It took me like 6 months to get a call back for a session... 

If the medicine helps then maybe you don't have to go, but it doesn't seem like it does. Still, therapy is really just a way to cope with something, sometimes it's better to just figure out what the next step to your life is instead of just coping with it.

(P.S. it's very hard to talk about this while looking at that cute av ;-D )

VGPolyglot said:

That makes sense. My experience with therapy is that therapists and therapeutic companies are not reliable! It took me like 6 months to get a call back for a session... 

If the medicine helps then maybe you don't have to go, but it doesn't seem like it does. Still, therapy is really just a way to cope with something, sometimes it's better to just figure out what the next step to your life is instead of just coping with it.

That`s why I liked the avy so much, it gives a welcoming vibe.

VGPolyglot said:

That`s why I liked the avy so much, it gives a welcoming vibe.

It makes it even cuter that Lucario looks like he's not enjoying the experience like a cat